Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not meaning to ruffle feathers.....

2»

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    We all have to do what works for us. And, not everyone has the same idea of "cheat days." When I used to diet (and failed), my cheat days would always be really bad junk food. Now, I just don't have much of a desire for junk food.

So, I still have some "cheat" days occasionally, but that just really means that I allow myself to go over my daily 1275 calories. But, I'm generally not eating "junk" food - just more food than usual.

Bingo! It's not about eating pure junk...it's about being over the 'normal' calorie limit. Does this mean that I don't eat chips or other junk sometimes...heck no...that's a daily given should I want it. But going over on calories can actually jump start you metabolism sometimes.
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    I haven't had any cheat days yet. lol...junk food doesn't sound good!
    I agree With your comment and I love your pic post...how did you do that?
  • lisa4kids
    lisa4kids Posts: 54 Member
    I have friends who do a weekly or occasional cheat day, and I have friends who never EVER eat anything bad or sugary, period. I think for me, when I start to eat healthy foods, having a cheat day would make me feel sick to my stomach. What works for me is, allowing myself one dessert item within reason each day. I am hoping that eventually, that dessert item won't even seem that appealing to me, but right now if I were to cut out all of my "goodies", I would totally relapse.
    Everyone has to do what works for them, so don't worry what anyone else thinks or does...just do what works for YOU.