New to site-need friends to help keep me motivated!

Options
My name is Julie and I am new to the site. I have battled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I am definately an emotional and stress eater and I love my sweets! I was in a pretty bad car accident 4 years ago and because of back and neck injuries it made it difficult for me to exercise. I quickly used this as an excuse. Sadly the more weight I gained, the more depressed I got and the more I ate! Such a vicious cycle! In December, I had to participate in a deposition pertaining to my car accident and talk about my injuries and their impact on my life. This ginormous rotten *kitten* of an attorney spent over an hour questioning me about my weight and short of calling me a fat *kitten* really made me feel bad about my self. At that point I joined the gym and became determined that my weight would not define me and I have not looked back. I started my journey on 12/8/10 and have lost 25 pounds so far. I have a wonderul husband who accepts me the way I am and two wonderful boys that I want to be around for. Please add me as a friend. We can motivate each other!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Great work so far! Keep it up.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you. Feel free to friend me.
  • vabheegaard
    Options
    Keep up the good work and don't let anybody ever put you down!!! You have a supportive husband and family and that is all that matters! lose the weight for you! YOU ARE DOING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LivingFree
    Options
    Hi Julie!
    Welcome :)
  • nejohn
    nejohn Posts: 62
    Options
    Keep it up! You're doing great!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome and great progress! I will add you as a friend.

Keep up the good work!
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The deposition sounds like even though it was tough and the guy was a jerk, it was the kick in the butt you needed. We will motivate you in better ways on here but keep you accountable. :)
  • Mickeylv
    Mickeylv Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Julie, I'm new to this too, just started using this myself last week. Keep up to great work.
  • wendyg79
    Options
    Hi Jewels. :smile: I'm new to the site too. I will send you a friend request so we can support and motivate each other! Your doing great so far - keep it up!

Wendy