Lost and in the process of finding myself

Options
I'm a 25 year old, overweight, out of shape, and desperate woman. I used to be the skinny girl that could eat anything and everything without gaining a pound. Now, I find it kind of funny, and yet a little sad, that 9 years ago at 5'5" and 135lbs I thought I was fat. My husband couldn't care less about my weight (now 179)...except for the griping I do about it. God bless his soul for being so...blind! LOL! I was 184lbs when I started to try losing weight 2 weeks ago. Since then I found MFP and I feel like I'm on a journey to find the girl I lost. I realize now that 135lbs was healthy for me...not fat. 184lbs is far from healthy for my body. I would like to lose a total of 30lbs by my friend's wedding April 30th.

Any ideas on how to increase protein without increasing fat would be appreciated! That seems to be my downfall nutritionally.

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hi we have very similar numbers except I am 46 and have two kids!

Protein without fat: egg whites and non-fat Greek yogurt. TRY to eat plain yogurt and add your own fruit if you can! The Chobani blueberry is my favorite though.

Good luck! You can do it.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    extra lean ground turkey-- so many different things you an do with that.

Fish- salmon, talapia, yummy.

chicken---grilled, baked or broiled a gazillion different ways.
  • njeung
    njeung Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. It's been difficult for me because I use to be able to eat whatever I wanted and never had to worry about my weight, then slowly I find myself so overweight..... It's a different battle for those of us in that situation. Good luck!
  • I am right there with you, 24 years old, great supportive guy but I understand the feeling that him being fine with where you are now not being enough.

I'm glad to see other young women on the same mission I'm on.

Hope you get where you want to go!

You ever need to vent or get some advice lemme know
  • Jilli2010
    Options
    I just found "generic" snow crab legs at the meat counter in Safeway. Yummy on a salad or just as a 0 carb protein snack.
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great suggestions!

Greenbutterflydaisy - My husband IS wonderful, but I don't think he realizes that I need to do this for the sake of my health, not just out of vanity. I am sure he will love the results though. I am very thankful I don't have to put up with the emotional abuse some women endure because of weight, although, I think some of us are more abusive to ourselves than a significant other ever could be.

I hope you find that 130lb girl you lost too! My profile pic is me in college at about 135...it's my motivation. It's hard for me to believe that I actually thought I was fat back then. I promised myself that if I ever reach that goal, I will NEVER EVER call myself fat again!
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm a 25 year old, overweight, out of shape, and desperate woman. I used to be the skinny girl that could eat anything and everything without gaining a pound. Now, I find it kind of funny, and yet a little sad, that 9 years ago at 5'5" and 135lbs I thought I was fat. My husband couldn't care less about my weight (now 179)...except for the griping I do about it. God bless his soul for being so...blind! LOL! I was 184lbs when I started to try losing weight 2 weeks ago. Since then I found MFP and I feel like I'm on a journey to find the girl I lost. I realize now that 135lbs was healthy for me...not fat. 184lbs is far from healthy for my body. I would like to lose a total of 30lbs by my friend's wedding April 30th.

Any ideas on how to increase protein without increasing fat would be appreciated! That seems to be my downfall nutritionally.

I understand EXACTLY what you mean. I am 28 yrs old, 5'4", & I weighed between 125-130 lbs in high school and in my first couple years of college and thought I was fat. I am 181 lbs now and I would kill to see 130 flash on my scale. You and I will see that weight again. It will take time and hard work but we can/will do it!!! :smile:
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options

I understand EXACTLY what you mean. I am 28 yrs old, 5'4", & I weighed between 125-130 lbs in high school and in my first couple years of college and thought I was fat. I am 181 lbs now and I would kill to see 130 flash on my scale. You and I will see that weight again. It will take time and hard work but we can/will do it!!! :smile:

YES WE WILL! :-)