100 Hundred Pushups Sept 1st

Options
Hey all. I didn't see this started anywhere. If I missed the post let me know. Are you all having a good day?
I did manage to get my push ups in this morning. Week 4 Level 1 Day 1, full plank. Still struggling to get down low enough I think. This week doesn't seem to be much different than week 3 so maybe by the end of the week I will be able to get lower.
I hope you all are having a wonderful day! I'll check back in on Wednesday!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I didn't see this started anywhere. If I missed the post let me know. Are you all having a good day?
    I did manage to get my push ups in this morning. Week 4 Level 1 Day 1, full plank. Still struggling to get down low enough I think. This week doesn't seem to be much different than week 3 so maybe by the end of the week I will be able to get lower.
    I hope you all are having a wonderful day! I'll check back in on Wednesday!
    Melissa
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    im at 625 a week m-f (push ups)
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mornin'...week 2 - day 1 for me finally:

1 - 4
    2 - 4
    3 - 3
    4 - 3
    5 - 6

Still working from plank...making progress slowly but surely.

MechMom...how many could you perform when you 1st started? I know you've been making awesome progress...also, what did you mean by get down lower...please don't go past a 90 degree angle...elbows and shoulders are just like knees...somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Greetings eriny...how do you work your pushups? In sets or one huge set...and how often...we want to keep this post ongoing so we can all report our progress and motivate each other.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I could do six plank push ups when I first started. So I have definitely improved. I don't know how many I can do without stopping. I will test that next weekend before I move on to week 5.
    You all are doing great! I'm really grateful for this group. I wouldn't have taken on push ups without this challenge!
    Melissa
  • eriny
    Options
    25 - 50 - 50 so 75 morning 50 evening may not be right but works for me .(before i started struggled to do 4 at one time
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! The results of my end of week 2 test were right on the edge... I could do 15, and the program wants me to be able to do 16 before moving on to week 3. So, I am thinking I will try week 3-day 1 tonight, and if I can't do it, I will go back to week 2 for the rest of this week and try again.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello Pups, :happy:

Hope you all had a lovely holiday! Now we gotta GET BUSY!! :tongue: :laugh:

Week 6 - Day 1 (Modified on Knees)

Sets 1: 42
    2: 35
    3: 32
    4: 30
    5: 42

My reflection: I actually prefer counting UP to the number of pushups in a set rather than count DOWN.?! I have tried counting both ways and for some reason... this works better for me.

Pups, how do you count your pushups...UP or DOWN...out loud or silently?

By the way...nice work all...we WILL be successful!! :heart:

Power to the Pups!!!!! :glasses:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hello Pups, :happy:

Hope you all had a lovely holiday! Now we gotta GET BUSY!! :tongue: :laugh:

Week 6 - Day 1 (Modified on Knees)

Sets 1: 42
    2: 35
    3: 32
    4: 30
    5: 42

My reflection: I actually prefer counting UP to the number of pushups in a set rather than count DOWN.?! I have tried counting both ways and for some reason... this works better for me.

Pups, how do you count your pushups...UP or DOWN...out loud or silently?

By the way...nice work all...we WILL be successful!! :heart:

Power to the Pups!!!!! :glasses:

~Mi

I count up. I haven't counted down but I think up is better. I sometimes go over! I count grunting! :laugh: I start out whisper counting then it gets louder and ends with a grunt. My son does them to (he's two) and he grunts at the end just like I do!
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    [/quote]

I count up. I haven't counted down but I think up is better. I sometimes go over! I count grunting! :laugh: I start out whisper counting then it gets louder and ends with a grunt. My son does them to (he's two) and he grunts at the end just like I do!
    [/quote]

Just think of the shape your son is going to be in when he gets older.

You are a GREAT mom ! :wink:

~MI
  • cp005e
    Options
    OK, I tried to do 15 in a row again (which would be what I needed to do for the first set of week3-day1), but I must have been tired from Shred because I could only do 12. So I went back to repeat week2-day1:

I am a little worried that because the Shred workout includes pushups as well, that I may not get stronger as quickly because I'm not giving my arms enough rest. I know some of you other PUPs are doing both challenges, too - what do you think? I am thinking of sticking to my knees for the Shred workouts.

I definitely count up, although it is usually in my head (I focus on breathing out when I push up). I am amazed at how many pushups you are doing in week 6, Mi - wow!
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    OK, I tried to do 15 in a row again (which would be what I needed to do for the first set of week3-day1), but I must have been tired from Shred because I could only do 12. So I went back to repeat week2-day1:

I am a little worried that because the Shred workout includes pushups as well, that I may not get stronger as quickly because I'm not giving my arms enough rest. I know some of you other PUPs are doing both challenges, too - what do you think? I am thinking of sticking to my knees for the Shred workouts.

I definitely count up, although it is usually in my head (I focus on breathing out when I push up). I am amazed at how many pushups you are doing in week 6, Mi - wow!

Hello Cp & Pups,

I agree that our muscles need recovery so when I do shred I go down to plank and hold it to work my core muscles, I don't do a pushup during Shred because my arm muscles are fatigued and repairing from the 100 Pushup Challenge.

CP you are very wise to consider your current workout schedule and tweak it to fit what YOU are doing. :wink: Thank goodness today my minimum pushup requirements are MUCH less than the other day...my arms are still feeling it!! :tongue:

Eriny...if you are reading this....please feel free to give us any tips on how you gained such success doing pushups. I know you said when you started you could only do 4 and now you do hundreds a week. How much rest did you get in between Eriny? Tips are most appreciated!! :happy:

Namaste :flowerforyou:

~ Mi
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I am doing week 4 day 2 level 1 with plank push ups today.

I was thinking the same thing about doing the Shred DVD and the push ups. I was doing modified on my knees but maybe I will try just holding the plank position. I need to work on my core anyway. Thanks for the tip, Mi!
    Oh and thanks for saying I'm a great mom. I try. I just hope my obsession with exercise and losing weight doesn't mess up his head when he gets older. I hope it will be a good thing and not something that will cause him to think he has weight issues!
    Okay I've got to get to those push ups!
    Keep it up!
    Melissa
  • eriny
    Options
    did my 125 for the day :drinker:
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Hello You Pups out there in MFP Land :smile:

Today I did week 6 (Day 2) - Pushups modified on knees = 45 second rest btwn levels :noway:

Sets 1&2: 22
    3&4: 20
    5&6: 17
    7&8: 15
    9: 42

6 weeks ago I could never imagine pumping out this many pushups. By no means was it easy for me and I hope some day I can say it is. I will repeat this day again because on set 9 my form was totally compromised and I had to stop 4 times because my arms were shaking so bad!! I think this is the part of this program that tests a persons stamina for pain. Hopefully my stamina will increase because by set 9 I am :cry:

Pups are ya out there???

Mi
  • eriny
    Options
    125 for thursday done i need a :drinker:
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    can someone explain what this is, i'm assuming its a program but i'm not sure how it works. my biggest problem right now is my arms, would this help tone them up ?
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Luvchi,
    I have seen a difference in my arms and I have been doing this for 6 weeks I think (is that right fellow pups? Or is it seven?) It does take time though. I can tell a difference when flexing, but when my arms are just hanging I can only see definition in my shoulders. But I still have about 20 pounds to lose so I can't just lose it on my arms. It will have to come off all over. I think for you though, you can see a difference in just a few weeks. Also lifting light weights can help tone and define.
    This challenge is 100 Hundred Push ups from hundredpushups.com. It gives you a 6 week program to build up to 100 consecutive push ups. Most of us have started on our knees with the modified push ups and built our way up. I hope this helps!
    Melissa
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Week 4 day 3 level one: 85 plank style! My arms are still shaky! I am not really looking forward to week five. Any advice from those who have conquered week 5? I have to master it some time. I want a shirt! :laugh: I will do the strength test tomorrow some time. I have a feeling I can do about 30 consecutive. I don't know about more than that.
    So where did everyone else go? Lavender are you still here? CP? Fat Dancer?
  • cp005e
    Options
    I am still here! I did Week2-Day2 again on Thursday, and will be doing Week2-Day3 tonight. Then on Monday I'll see if I'm ready to finally move on to Week 3.

Week 5 does look tough, but I'm sure you can do it. I think Lavender is already there, so maybe she can give you some tips. 30 consecutive plank style - wow! :drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I did my test this morning so I can move on to week 5 on Monday. I honestly don't know if I am going to be able to do it. I did 35 plank style and consecutive but I'm not sure if I should count 35. I pretty much collapsed at 35. I think that's how many that are suppose to be done on Monday just in the first set! Yikes! We'll see how it goes. I may have to do week 5 a couple of weeks to be able to do it.
    CP, I'm glad you are still here.:happy: I think Lavender may still be around. Kind of seems like everyone else trickled off. I was thinking she started another post but I'm not sure.
    Anyway, I'll keep posting until I'm through! and probably after that to encourage anyone that's left or newbies that we get. :smile:
    Melissa