Coke zero

Options
Can i believe that it is zero in evereything it states like calories sugar fat? If so will i do harm drinking this each day? cos i find it tastes nicer that diet.

Replies

• MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I drink it,and im ok.
  • mikegohl
    mikegohl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I drink a couple a week. Water is always a better choice, but it is a diet soda.
  • dolphinstar106
    Options
    Ive tried zero cal things before. Ironically,yes theyre low in calories, but my body doesnt like artificial sweeteners / colourants (which low and zero sugar things are full of) and consequently ill gain all kinds of water retention for ages after.

If youre cool with sweeteners then fine. if not, steer well clear. Adams ale is best.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I love Coke Zero, but I do limit myself to one a day when I do have it in the house. Otherwise I stick to water.
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    There's lots of debate about it due to the sweeteners.
    but in my opinion it's fine.
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    is there sodium in coke zero?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners aren't treated any differently by the body than natural sugars are. So when you consume an artificial sweetener insulin still gets released, which means your body stops burning fat. It also makes your body send hunger signals because your body uses the sugar from your blood for energy. It can also lead to insulin resistant-type disorders since your body ends up putting out too much insulin.
  • midgetrapper
    midgetrapper Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i think that the law says all food & drink products have to be 100% accurate on all nutrition labels. also, i drink it as well.
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    try not to over do it ... water is best ... BUT having one a day won't kill your weight loss!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I dont think that study is relevent to me.I drink diet soda ive lost 40 pounds so far.Ive seen no increase in my cravings for sweets.In fact its the other way around I never want sweets.Everybodys diffrent so I think it really comes down to how it affects you.
  • jmcniel
    jmcniel Posts: 65
    Options
    I usually have a 20oz Coke Zero a day with lunch, which is a big improvement since I used to drink Coke Classic by the case or liter daily.

To Answer Monica, yes there is sodium in Coke Zero, about 70mg's in the 20oz.
  • dolphinstar106
    Options
    monica - good point about the sodium. I hadnt considered that.. hard to get away from sodium. Ill like bet theres some in there.

I fell foul to the sodium rich soy sauce over the last few days. I hadnt realised how mcuh sodium there is in there. Now im trying to get rid of all the water...

Hard times.
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    I used to drink it a lot but I've stopped myself lately because water is cheaper and healthier. I haven't noticed much of a difference to be honest!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i think that the law says all food & drink products have to be 100% accurate on all nutrition labels. also, i drink it as well.
    I have been reading this...Anything that has 4 calories or less per serving is allowed to list its calories as 0. Incidentally, this is why splenda is allowed to call itself the "no-calorie" sweetener (when, in reality, it has 4 calories per yellow packet).
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    sice there is sodium in it i would watch your sodium intake cause it can make you bloated... but i see nothing wrong with having one or two a day... you know the saying everythings ok in moderation
  • jmcniel
    jmcniel Posts: 65
    Options
    That is the same thing with Trans Fat, I believe if it is under a certain amount then they are able to claim it as being Trans Fat free as well.
  • hollysluiter
    Options
    The jury is out on whether the artificial sweetners cause problems, but the main thing to watch out for is the fact that you may be replacing your water intake with diet soda. If you enjoy it, try to fit it in as a reward but make sure you still get in the proper water intake. That's my two cents.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    water is best, but i see no harm in the occasional diet drink...i drink a coke zero probably about twice a week...i like em way better than reg ol diet coke too