Replies

• dee1
    dee1 Posts: 9
    Options
    Help!! I just keep picking and picking!!:mad: :sad:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hey, you're here, you made the first step! We all have our bad days - just believe in yourself, you can do it!

First thing is to give yourself some credit. You aren't bad! Then, why carrying all this load on your shoulders? Time to start offloading :wink: .

I say you put away that chocolate or whatever bugs you till tomorrow. That will be your day's victory ;). Get some strawberries and skimmed milk instead - they make an awesome shake! :wink:

:flowerforyou: Good luck and keep us posted.
  • bethskiles
    Options
    88002.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

:smile: This is a battle so many of us face each day. If there is something that you really want, you are better off giving yourself a reasonable portion and being sure to include it in your daily calorie count. Picking at this and that adds up before we realize it. I just try to remind myself that these nibbles are really not worth the calories and the way I feel later. BEth S
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Drink a ton of water....this always helps me to feel fuller...I must say though, this labor day weekend has been terrible. I can't even count how many beers I've drank over the weekend, actually just on Saturday night and all day Sunday. Oh, I forgot about the ridiculous amount of beer I drank on Friday night. I'm not talking about just a few...double digits here. I can't even think how many cals it equalled. I'm going to take my own advice right now and drink a huge thing of water...
  • dee1
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I just need to keep all the ideas in my head. Instead of worry what is going to be the next thing in my mouth!!:angry:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    One hour at a time-- you can do it.
  • dee1
    Options
    Thanks Marla64!!!

You are doing GREAT!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    GRAB SOME GUM and drink water. I am kinda screwed cause I work near food, and that temptation is ALWAYS there....
  • MsLadybug
    Options
    Sometimes you just need to remove yourself from temptation, if it is possible. I find that I pick a lot if i'm at the computer in the kitchen. I find it helpful to get up and out into the garden or remove myself and my laptop from the area.

Someone on here suggested brushing your teeth as a way to clean the palate and breaking the taste drive to eat more. I found that sometimes works.

I also find if I've been picking on lots of carbs it helps me to eat some lean protein like a small can of tuna. I think it balances out the carb-protein ratio and short circuits the drive to keep eating carbs.