Calorie Question

Options
I have a question, is the "goal calories" what you need to meet, or what you need to stay under? I know that I'm not supposed to go OVER that number, but I also know that having too few calories can be harmful to weight-loss goals. If you could help me answer that question that would be great!!

Replies

• care1221
    Options
    you need to eat those calories :)
  • zbstngrl
    zbstngrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of posts regarding net/goal calories and exercise calories on this forum. Please try search function...not trying to pass the buck but they have a lot of useful information to read. Thats how I got started learning the right amounts etc. :)

Cheers!
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    I know that's tricky, I do go under my calories sometimes. but most of the time I go slightly over my calories.... I have lost about 15lbs now since Dec 23, 2010 that I started with this new lifestyle. So I think as long as you stay within your caloric intake and maybe keep trying no to go over.
    Good Luck in all...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You would want to be withing 100 or so calories (50 or so over or 50 or so under)
  • cmel6334
    cmel6334 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Your goal calories are what you need to consume. Keep in mind if you workout, your goal will go up and you need to account for that. I always meet my goal, when I workout I eat about 1/3 - 1/2 of the extra calories. I have been losing about 3-4 lbs a week doing that.
  • cherryheart
    Options
    I will be honest.. today, they told me to eat 2900 calories... I have no more room for food!! I have 1500 more to eat. I don't know how to do that! Anyone have suggestions as to how to meet your calorie goals???
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My days about average out for the week because of cheat meals. I'm usually over on protein regularly.
  • c0untrypumpkin10
    Options
    I honestly don't think you need to eat that many calories - if you are full DO NOT KEEP EATING. As I understood it you should eat no more than that to lose however many lbs you said per week. However, the computer cannot calculate each person's metabolism and such....