Can you look at my diary

Options
Can you peak at my diary and see if you can recommend any changes to help me along further as i seem to slowing down with the weight loss

thanks
steve

Replies

• Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I cant see your diary :(
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You have to go into your settings and make your food diary public first :smile:
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    You just need to make it public, then we can look
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    My home > Settings > Diary Setting > Public
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    oops sorry guys diary now public
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would say you're not eating enough calories. You need atleast 1200, or your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto everything it can.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You probably aren't eating enough, but I don't know your BMR so it's hard to say that with any real conviction.
    Make sure you're eating lots of fresh food. That's the one thing I noticed missing from your diary. The rest looks pretty good.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Water? Maybe you just don't log it, but make sure you are getting enough
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
    This site fascinates me, the support in these forum keeps me striving forward so THANK YOU!! My bmr is below thanks

Your estimated BMR is: 2,057 calories/day
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I have to echo the others saying you're not eating enough!
    Your body won't lose it if it thinks it's starving...
    I'll make a couple suggestions: I noticed you're not eating protein in the morning. Adding andegg or peanut butter to your morning meal does a lot to boost your energy, and it'll start your calories off well. Fresh foods, lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains..that'll even things out. I find it easiest to eat well if I try my best to have balanced meals...you know how we learned in elementary school to eat from each food group every meal? Haha it was great advice!

Wishing you the best,

Tree
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to meet your calorie goals. Eating less is not necessarily the best way to lose weight. Our bodies are complex entities and will go to great lengths to keep us running. Inadequate nutrition is gonna slow you down. So eat, meet those goals. Also might want to watch your sodium as too much can cause water retention.
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey just noticed your daily caloric intake went from 1,700 to 4,000...how come?
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    MFP is awesome in that they look at your BMR (2000ish) and figure out what you need to eat WITHOUT Exercising in order to lose weight. It looks like they set your intake at 1200. That means your NET calories should be about 1200. When you exercise you need to eat back at least half of those calories burned!!

If you aren't eating enough your body starts to think there isn't enough food available and holds those calories in case they are the last calories it is going to get. (Yay for how amazingly smart our bodies and their survival instincts are!)

So my suggestion is like everyone else's - EAT more to lose more!!
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
    My daily allowance is 1560 per day but the other day we went climbing up and down hills for 4 hours and burned a hell of alot of calories and thus increasing my daily intake for that day.

I drink alot of water but sometimes i forget to add it... Oops ill do better from now on. I find it hard to eat 1560 calories a day without spoiling myself!!!

I eat when im hungry and eat till im full, the only time im hungry and dont eat too much is after 8pm
  • zbstngrl
    zbstngrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this to you but you might want to add under diary setting for nutritions Sodium and Sugar intakes. Right now you have protein, fat, carbs and fiber. Sodium and Sugar are very important to watch out as well. If you diet is high in sodium your body might retain the water.

Cheers!
  • zbstngrl
    zbstngrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this to you but you might want to add under diary setting for nutritions Sodium and Sugar intakes. Right now you have protein, fat, carbs and fiber. Sodium and Sugar are very important to watch out as well. If you diet is high in sodium your body might retain the water.

Cheers!
  • mrsjasminebieber
    Options
    sorry my daughter logged in on my comp!!!
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
    Gosh, so much to remember when dieting!!!! This is the first time I have seriously dieted in my life and im finding it easier with this website, the iphone app and the support through its members. Truth is, even after only losing 7kg's i can feel the health benefits already. I have (for the first time in many many years) not included salt with most meals and to be honest I dont really notice it missing. I have cut out sugar altogether with my coffee and gone onto sweeteners and i cant tell the difference.

So tips are-

1) eat more (difficult)
    2) watch out for sodium
    3) walk more
    4) eat more!!!!! lol
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Gosh, so much to remember when dieting!!!! This is the first time I have seriously dieted in my life and im finding it easier with this website, the iphone app and the support through its members. Truth is, even after only losing 7kg's i can feel the health benefits already. I have (for the first time in many many years) not included salt with most meals and to be honest I dont really notice it missing. I have cut out sugar altogether with my coffee and gone onto sweeteners and i cant tell the difference.

So tips are-

1) eat more (difficult)
    2) watch out for sodium
    3) walk more
    4) eat more!!!!! lol

You don't need to go on an eating binge to get those calories in. Just eat more healthy calories from fat and snack more.
    Try almonds, peanut butter. switch back to whole milk. add cheese, have a hard boiled egg with your breakfast.
    You aren't eating bad you just need to add more.
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
    What time does everyone stop eating at night time? I have many calories left and get hungry about 9pm but i dont eat unless i have to. Is eating fruit/ veg bad for you after 8pm?