Step Away From The Scale in February

Options
Alrighty, for February, I'm setting a different kind of challenge for myself: I'm not going to weigh myself. At all. The entire month. (It's handy that February has only 28 days!) I've asked the hubby to put the scale somewhere he can use it if he wants, but somewhere I can't find easily.

Instead of spending time peeking at random numbers on a little metal box on the floor of my bathroom, I plan to put my energy into making sure I meet my exercise goal.

So if you're interested in joining me, give a holler in this thread, weigh yourself one last time if you feel the need (I plan to get my start weight tomorrow morning), and then put that thing in the garage, or the closet, or chuck it out the window.

Forget the blinkin' scale! It's just numbers on an appliance, and I want to think about some other things for a while. :laugh:

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'm down! Just this morning I was complaining to my other group that according to the numbers I should be seeing a weight loss drop but haven't...so yeah. No problem! I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning, post it and be done till March 1st.

And I will post my other goals tomorrow too!
  • ababygrace
    Options
    I am in! I plan on putting the scale in storage that is across town so I won't be tempted...this is a good challenge.
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    That's a great idea! I don't think I'm quite ready for it yet though! lol
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Oh me me! Im in!! Great idea! I will weigh in the morning, report it and be done with it till march :)
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    This is great, cause I was thinking the same, instead of weighing and getting discouraged focus on just eating right and exercising, I figure by the end of the month when I see the new low number ill be sooo happy that I will be fully motivated and ready for March!!
    Thanks
    This morning I weighed in at 192, hoping to be 182 by the end of the month!!
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I made the plan to do something similar over the weekend. I'm not weighing myself until Valentines Day and then after that the last day of Feb. I plan to start doing that from now on...only twice a month..otherwise I become obsessive! Good luck!
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    Heh - I started at 216, went down to 207, gained back to 214 and now I am back down to 210. This is all this month. I can gain/drop 3-4 lbs in a day :(
    Unfortunately I work in a hospital and walk past the big walk-on scale that we use for wheelchair-bound patients about 3 times a day.
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great Idea - I am borrowing it for my LOSER Group! Good Luck :)
  • calypott
    Options
    I am totally in. Ughh, I have become far too addicted to the scale.
  • springrose72
    Options
    Such a good idea. I just did the same this morning. Weighed in for one last time and had my roommate hide the scale for 3 weeks....(that was my goal before I saw your post) I've become too much of an addict to the scale to measure my progress. That's a good and a bad thing. The bad thing is I check it WAY too much. And of course if I see any weight gain, I get totally off track, depressed, discouraged and I completely go off the deep end for a meal, or a day or sometimes several days. So I decided to stop the insanity, and throw away the scale. Just buckle down, exercise, and eat right, and check in again in a few weeks.
  • debbielynn66
    Options
    I'm in too :) Scale be gone for the month!! Hubby likes it better when I don't get hooked on numbers, but concentrate on the way my clothes are fitting now...! Will do like you guys, and post a number tomorrow, and then again in March! :flowerforyou:
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Best of luck to you && good luck!
  • nejohn
    nejohn Posts: 62
    Options
    Count me in!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Im in!!!! Cant wait to see the results on March 1!!!
  • mommyof5kids
    Options
    Sounds good to me---I will post my starting weight tomorrow morning then make my husband hide it from me for the rest of the month.
  • morgaj8
    morgaj8 Posts: 34
    Options
    I have already been on this for over a month now.... I am scared to weigh scared that number hasnt gone down any.... So with that being said I AM IN!!!! But should I weigh tonight, log it & start over tomorrow or just keep going?
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you all and great to see you! I'll see about summarizing everyone's names when I have a few minutes free tomorrow. Morgaj8, it's up to you. Do you think seeing the number would help or hinder you? If you're feeling good, meeting your goals, and still on the ball, I'd say you can continue your streak and cheer the rest of us on. :bigsmile:
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Oh me me! Im in!! Great idea! I will weigh in the morning, report it and be done with it till march :)

I love your profile pic. That is such a cute movie.
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Greetings again to all you lovely people. So far, here is the list I have. I included some people who posted here, though I'm not entirely sure whether they're going to stay. Anyone I missed, just send me a personal message and I'll put you in there. And of course, anyone else who wants to jump in is super welcome still, as well.

Rmkorama --> 195
    Laceylala
    Ababygrace
    Nowic
    Sandram82 --> 192
    LizardIsANerd --> 210
    Calypott
    Springrose72
    Debmac66
    Nejohn
    SavannaN
    Mommyof5kids
    Morgaj8

(Please note, a starting weight is not required, but I will add it to the list if you want to submit one.)

My personal goals for February are 1) Not weigh myself AT ALL until February 28, 2) Exercise 21 days of the month for at least 30 minutes, and 3) Lose 5 pounds.

Let's do it!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I will use last weeks weigh in of 206.6. This week I am up four lbs, probably from increasing weight training. I am sore as all get out.

Goals: 300 minutes of exercise per week. Stay within calorie limit. For the next two weeks I will keep it at 1.5 lbs weight loss per week. After that I am decreasing it to 1 lbs per week.