30 day shred or P90X???....any success stories?

Options

Whats better and who has seen results??

Replies

• elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i've been doing the p90x for two weeks. i've only lost 2 lbs but i have lost about 7 inches and 4 of those inches are on my waist. so they scale #'s aren't that good but my body is changing.
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't have any measurements to show to back up the 30 Day Shred but all I can say is:

I love it
    I have more energy
    I'm getting more toned
    I'm improving (the stuff I used to think would kill me hasn't!)
    It doesn't take a long time
    It doesn't require lots of equipment

Gets a recommendation from me :happy:
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 Day Shred right now (3 weeks left) and after that I'm doing P90X. I've lost only a few pounds but I've lost 6 inches! 2 inches from my hips, and I love the exercises!
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    I've done both and prefer 30 day shred because it's not such a huge time commitment each day.
  • carib_light
    Options
    Help please...what is 30 day shred and P90X?
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Its really up to you...and how well your exercise stamina is...P90X is an very extreme workout. Normally people do the Power90 and than graduate from that to do the P90X...but everyone is different...It's really up to the user to decide....
    I'm on DAY 55 of Power90 and lost 15 pounds so far...5 days away from my DAY 60 results and post...I aimin' to lose that 5 pounds to say I lost 20lbs with Power90 in 60 days...Who really knows what I can achieve from DAY 60 to DAY 90....I've been havin' a blast so far..and gettin' stronger each day :) xo
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred video on Jan 1 and along with MFP I have lost 10 pounds. I like it because its only 20 min a day and I can do it when my kids are napping.
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what 30 Day Shred is, carib_light, but P90X is a 90 day workout that's covered in 3 phases. Each phase has its own nutrition plan and set of exercises that you do for it. For example, the first phase of the nutrition plan prefers that you eat high in protein, whereas the second wants you to focus on higher carbs and lower fat, etc. Anyway, you basically are working out for 90 days with P90X and routines last from about 50-90 minutes (depending), and there are 12 different routines (you aren't expected to cover all each week). It operates on something called muscle confusion so that it helps to avoid a plateau because you're always doing something different for your muscles (so it's hard for it to get used to the exercise). It's intense but I've heard great things, and that being said...

I really like P90X. :-) I'm only on day 6 but so far I feel great. More energy and I just feel proud of myself for even getting this far! I was surprised to find out how many friends of mine attempted only to stop soooo early. I'm really looking forward to taking my after pics!
  • carib_light
    Options
    Thanks
  • mizfrankie
    Options
    LOVE p90x. I was not using MFP the two times I've done it and I ate whatever I wanted and STILL saw results. My body shape changed completely. No more love handles, muscles in my arms?!!? lol amazing. This time I'll do it also using MFP to measure my caloric intake and I know it will be amazing.

I haven't tried 30 day shred but I think a lot of it comes down to your schedule. If you can commit to an hour a morning then I definitely recommend p90x. Don't even worry about their diet...just stick to MFP and do the work. You will for sure see results.

Another one I plan on trying soon is Power Half Hour - also on the beachbody.com website.

Do your best and forget the rest!

Good luck :)
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I would do the 30-day shred first because it is my understanding the p90x is a lot more intense.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have done both. I find myself bored w/ the 30 day shred shortly after starting and P90X there are several disk and its a 'forever' program if you know what I mean. if you need anymore help my coach ID is 64341 if you would like to sign up w/ BB and have me as your coach =)

Whats better and who has seen results??

• Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 of P90X. I've been following the guide for the most part. My energy and stamina is up big time! Clothes fit better and I dropped about 10-14 lbs. It is intense. It will push you. But as Tony says, Do your best, forget the rest. So do what YOU can do and give it 110% and you'll see results

Cannot comment on the other program.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I really liked the Shred. I just finished 2 days ago and really enjoyed it. I lost about 11 lbs and I feel infinitely better. I haven't done P90x because I think I need to be in better physical shape to keep up. I think Shred is good as a jump start if you haven't worked out in a while. it's intense enough to get your heart rate up and if you are consistent with it, you will see result but it's not so advance that I felt discouraged when I couldn't keep up!

Hope this helps!

Tiffany
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You cant compare the two!....
  • snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You cant compare the two!....

I agree. The closer comparison is p90 vs 30 day shred but they are still not quite in the same league since its 30 days vs 90 days and the p90 program helps you with nutrition and supplementsif you decide to use the guide given. Im doing p90 right now and its so much fun!!
  • Katymom22
    Katymom22 Posts: 121
    Options
    awesome post i just recently bought both......ill start with the shred!!!
  • mriricat23
    mriricat23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lost 27 pounds doing the shred, went from a size 16 to a size 12. Did it all in 5 weeks :)
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    WOW- thankyou so much for everyone who replied to my post!
    I had never heard of any of them over here in Australia until I got on MFP, so i researched and can only purchase 30-day shred over here and will have to get P90X from the US....

I'm thinking I might start with the 30-day shred and see how I go.... I currently do classes at my gym and do weight training with my trainer so I should be okay to do the P90....thanks for everyones inputs though! thats awesome :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!