Dr. Oz weight loss/fat burning times from 1/31/10

Options
Hey, if you missed the show today - these are the times you should use for optimizing weight loss and fat burn:

6:30 am weigh yourself
6:35 am exercise
7:30 am breakfast
8:00 am metabolism boost (1 cup of ice water)
10:00 am grocery shop
12:00 pm lunch
6:15 pm fiber supplement
6:30 pm dinner

Changing up my day a bit, but this sounds very do-able and hey, if it doesn't work, at least we tried! (this reminds me a lot of the big breakfast diet, which was nice when i stuck to it...)

Replies

• AmBriCo
    AmBriCo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love Dr. Oz!
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    If I was a stay at home wife that would be just fine. As it is I'm at work by 730 and don't leave until 430(or 5).
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    this would work if I could get myself outta bed at that time.. I mean i can't get up till 7ish.. no earlier.... but it sounds like a good plan... if I also wasn't going back to school in March..
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    not sure how accurate that would be...it singles out a crap ton of people around the world who work second and third shifts...
  • MomsDaily140
    Options
    So this is the reason for all the JUNK in my TRUCK, AHA! I finally figured it out.

I <3 Dr. OZ, wish I could exercise at that time, but I am in carpool.... I hit the gym, I guess at the time I should be eating breakfast, at 8:30am....
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    If I was a stay at home wife that would be just fine. As it is I'm at work by 730 and don't leave until 430(or 5).

Me, too. =(
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Hey, if you missed the show today - these are the times you should use for optimizing weight loss and fat burn:

Changing up my day a bit, but this sounds very do-able and hey, if it doesn't work, at least we tried! (this reminds me a lot of the big breakfast diet, which was nice when i stuck to it...)

Who can grocery shop every day at 10AM? That just seems crazy to me.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Um.. I'm a SAHM and I cannot follow this regimen very well.
    Those morning times are actually PRIMETIME for a SAHM. I have three children, I tend to THEM, not myself, that early in the morning. I have to make them breakfast, nurse my infant and there is barely anytime for me to exercise with doctor/dentist appointments, tutoring, boyscouts, Lacrosse, swimming lessons, preschool, soccer etc.
    Maybe when all of my children are significantly older could I follow that schedule.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Who can grocery shop every day at 10AM? That just seems crazy to me.

I think he is just saying get up and move at 10am. When you grocery shop is not really fast. Its a browsing type movement so take a walk or whatever just to get that heart rate slightly elevated.
  • yourmamasaidwha
    Options
    10 am was sayin' only if you need to shop...not do it everyday...lol
  • yourmamasaidwha
    Options
    geez...oh well, just posting for those who missed the show...i'm not just a SAHM, i'm also a med student...and dang, of course it's not for everyone, we don't all work third shift or 2nd shift...some people help me to laugh more : )
  • purpleprose
    Options
    geez...oh well, just posting for those who missed the show...i'm not just a SAHM, i'm also a med student...and dang, of course it's not for everyone, we don't all work third shift or 2nd shift...some people help me to laugh more : )

I suppose not having seen the segment means a lack of context. That would have helped explain that the 10AM grocery shopping really means "take a break from work/being a mommy/whatever and walk around or do something physical".

Glad you got a good laugh out of people's responses. Hopefully it was as hard as I laughed at that schedule!!!! :laugh:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The person that posted it earlier had a note that Dr. Oz said to shop at 10 because you're full from breakfast and won't over shop.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    I didn't mean to sound Mean. I just wish I had more time in the day to do this stuff. My work schedule just doesn't allow it to go that way. Its a bit of a flawed plan for most of us, we all have priorities that prevent many of us from following a plan like that.
  • Sammyk50
    Sammyk50 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Interesting, wake up and excercise on an empty stomach. I don't do that. Maybe that is important. I was always under the impression u should eat within the first hour of waking up also. What do u guys think? I've also heard about the ice water thing.
  • dux1fan
    dux1fan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    People, I didnt watch the show and I know what she meant and Dr. Oz. Basically, exercise first thing in the morning. Have breakfast afterwards, don't forget to eat lunch and have dinner. Its just an outline. Personally, I am tired of all these excuses. I work 12 1/2 hours and day and STILL find the time to work out and eat. If you can't get out of bed an hour early or even 20 mins to work out, then what are you doing to lose weight??
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    No eating for 6 hours? Not for me. No way.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I saw that episode, or maybe it was similar to it. I don't stick to those times exactly but I do them in that order. I have to get up between 4 and 4:30 to get my workout in before getting the kids up and all of us ready, out the door and at school by 7:30 (I'm an elementary school teacher). I think the theory behind these times is accurate. Doing those tasks in that order and time increments makes complete sense to me.
    Although I understand there are many that just can't abide by that schedule It's pretty rigid. It's unrealistic for MOPS, those that have to be at work before 8, those who work late/multiple shifts, etc. My schedule isn't super strict but I try to do my routine in the same order:
    - weigh (Saturdays only)
    - exercise
    - ready for day
    - breakfast
    - mid-morning snack (between 8:30-9:30)
    - lunch 11:00 - 11:30
    - afternoon snack 3:20
    - dinner
    - after dinner snack (this includes tea but not every night)
    I'll try to work in fiber sometime between my mid-morning snack and dinner. I hardly ever go to the grocery store during the week; I live out in the country. That usually happens just before or after lunch. I have to do things in that order or they won't get done.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    People, I didnt watch the show and I know what she meant and Dr. Oz. Basically, exercise first thing in the morning. Have breakfast afterwards, don't forget to eat lunch and have dinner. Its just an outline. Personally, I am tired of all these excuses. I work 12 1/2 hours and day and STILL find the time to work out and eat. If you can't get out of bed an hour early or even 20 mins to work out, then what are you doing to lose weight??

Was the excuses thing aimed at me? Because I was not making excuses, just laughing at the 10AM grocery thing. I am losing plenty of weight.

***edit - nevermind, I saw 'people' as 'purple'! Sorry.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Interesting, wake up and excercise on an empty stomach. I don't do that. Maybe that is important. I was always under the impression u should eat within the first hour of waking up also. What do u guys think? I've also heard about the ice water thing.

I've heard both. That you shouldn't exercise on an empty stomach cuz then you don't have the energy. And that you should exercise before you eat anything for the day so everything you're burning is fat cal, not food cal.

Personally, I need something in my stomach before I workout or I get sorta queasy feeling about halfway through. So even if I do a morning workout, I have a light breakfast first then a post workout snack.

And to the person that said folks were making excuses, I don't see people making excuses. I see people laughing at what is a truly unrealistic schedule for most anyone that has a job or is a parent. He may be a doctor, but he's a celebrity doctor and has probably gotten to exist via whatever schedule works out best for him because he doesn't actually have anyplace to be on a regular time schedule every single day. I make my eating, shopping and working out schedule work based on my personal schedule, as most of everyone else that posts here likely does. And it's clearly working pretty well based on the tickers I see around this forum. ;)