Frustration. I'm not losing weight. Please help.

Options
Hii there, MFP'ers... Let me tell you. I'm very frustrated. I work out (hard) every day and take one rest day a week. I even cut out alcohol 100%! I try to keep a balanced diet, full of fruits, veggies, and protein, and some snacks so that I'm not fully deprived! (All within my calorie limit)

And I'm NOT losing a pound. Confused.

My food diary is public.. can you see what i'm doing wrong?

STATs: 1200 calorie 'diet', should lose 2lb/week. 5'5", 172lbs, determined to lose 20lbs.

*EDIT*
- I don't include how much water I drink b/c i drink SOO each a day from all the working out. Tons.
- Also, I weigh myself first thing every morning, after using the restroom, and wearing the same clothes

(Quicklink: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/OoLaLA_Laila)

Replies

• jessica_pederson
    Options
    I have not lost any weight for two weeks now either! I am really frustrated. I have double and triple checked my intake and exercie, and I can't understnad. I hope it starts going for you soon.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    it's called a plateau! Change ur food around a bit, or ur workout routine a bit. Trick ur body and u will see the weightloss again! Hope that helps
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    have you taken your measurments? i know for myself I lose more inches than I do weight. are you feeling lighter in your midsection? or are your clothes looser? just hang in there.
  • courtneykrueger
    Options
    Are you all taking your measurements?? Maybe you are losing there instead of the scale?? Just a thought.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Why dont you try increasing your protein by using lean meat, chicken, fish, turkey! This is good if you are working out and using weights too.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    How long are we talking? Has it been a month or two or three?

When I was first losing weight, took me a while to get the first 10 lbs down (3 or so months) then I lost the other 40 in the next 4 months ...

It's a life long goal, if you're looking for a quick - temperary fix (which is not suggested) Try a detox ... If you're looking to lose weight in the long term, and keep it off. Keep doing what you're doing ... it will serve you better
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Your diary does look pretty good and I see you are getting plenty of water and avoiding excess sodium, which is great.

What type of exercise are you doing? Are you measuring yourself regularly? You may be building muscle and toning up.

Also, since you have only 20 pounds to lose, you might try changing your goal to 1 pound/week and see how that helps. 2 pounds/week is really more realistic for heavier people (like me) with a lot to lose.
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    try changing your setting to where you are losing a pound a week. You probably aren't eating enough calories.
  • pjrazon
    pjrazon Posts: 22
    Options
    Well what I do is weigh myself early in the morning to get an acurate reading. But I don't know it that works for everyone and don't be dissapointed just watch your protein intake because too much protein can turn into fat. Do you workout?

IT AINT THE END OF THE WORLD! DON'T GIVE UP!!!

4237575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Superrhi
    Options
    Its might be that you are loosing pounds, but your exercsing so much that your muscles are getting bigger, and muscles weigh heavier than fat, so your just replacing your fat with muscle.
  • sixpackgoal
    Options
    This may be extreme but i did this for a month. My crazy chicken diet and jog plan. Eat baked chicken breast with vegetables for all meals. You will be so sick of this you will only eat if hungry. Three fruits for snack. Trade last meal of day for 45 minutes walk/jog/run.
    You will drop weighjt in a month then slowly add food mix back.
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I can't look at your food log with out being your friend...but my 1st thought it Muscle weighs more than fat, could you be building muscle and losing fat? My 2nd thought is wow 1200 calories is really low...maybe too low for your body. Do you eat back your exercise calories? If not then your body is in starvation mode...its not getting enough fuel and thinks it need to hold on to the fat just in case it never gets enough fuel. In fact in this mode your body will break down muscle before stored fat. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want more help. Good luck and keep up your hard work!
  • Mandalola
    Options
    You have a similar profile to me. I'm 174 and want to lose 20 lb and have lost five. I haven;t looked at your diary yet but I will. In the meantime, don;t give up. It will come off. I;m on 1200 and it isn;t alot of food so maybe you should have a high protein day or have a day off of exercise and give your body a shake up. Will be in touch. Don't lose heart.:flowerforyou:
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    Are you all taking your measurements?? Maybe you are losing there instead of the scale?? Just a thought.

also, you haven't logged any water intake ... Do you drink water during the day?
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'd check out some of the "sticky note" posts at the top of the threads about eating back exercise cals and eating enough to begin with. I am guessing that 1200 cals per day isn't nearly enough for you.

Ae you slimming down at least? Muscle does not weigh more than fat, but by volume one pound takes up WAY less room than one pounf of fat does. We're talking an apple versus a pummelo or something..
  • lindybird
    Options
    I was actually just watching Rachel Ray today and someone had this very problem. The author of "the belly fat cure" was on the show and went through the girl's list of groceries that she eats. The main problem was that she was eating seemingly healthy food but was eating more grams of sugar than she realized. He said the average american eats 186g of sugar a day but we should aim for 15g! You might want to read all the labels and try cutting out the sugars (they might be hiding in your healthy food such as oatmeal and crackers.) Hope this helps and good luck!
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? Sometimes it takes a couple weeks before you notice any change on the scale. Maybe taking your measurements would give you a more accurate reflection. I did take a look at your diary and it looks like you cal intake is highly variable. I'm am never exactly at my cal goal everyday, but I try to stick as close as possible. You could try less variability? Are you entering everything? Just a couple thoughts. Good luck to you! : )
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Its always harder to lose weight when you don't have that much to lose. A quick look at your food diary makes me think its a bit up & down. One day you are great..another you are eating loads of carbs & processed foods. Fruit Veg and a good level of lean protein always works for me. You seem to eat loads of pancakes & things made from flour. That can be very bloating so you could be retaining water. Just keep up the working out though & you are sure to lose.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I was actually just watching Rachel Ray today and someone had this very problem. The author of "the belly fat cure" was on the show and went through the girl's list of groceries that she eats. The main problem was that she was eating seemingly healthy food but was eating more grams of sugar than she realized. He said the average american eats 186g of sugar a day but we should aim for 15g! You might want to read all the labels and try cutting out the sugars (they might be hiding in your healthy food such as oatmeal and crackers.) Hope this helps and good luck!

Is it the same for Sugars in Fruit ? I only have 5 G's of Sugar a day (check out my diary) which is from the milk in my cereal. all the rest is my Fruit (I eat a lot of fruit) did they mention the fruit in sugars? I go over everyday and it's cuz of my oranges (one of the only fruits I'm not allergic to) ... It's a bummer
  • Dee1006
    Dee1006 Posts: 37
    Options
    if you are working out 1200 calories may not be enough. Your body will hold on to the weight thinking you are starving. I may be wrong but I feel you should be consuming more calories