Kettleworx .. Anyone up for a challenge?? :)

Options
I'm excited have on order the set of Kettleworx DVD's due to be delivered this week :bigsmile: I will be doing the 6 week challenge and wondering if anyone woud like to join me :drinker:

:heart: Aiming to start on Saturday 22.01.2011 :heart:

For those who may not know them this is what I mean :flowerforyou: http://www.kettleworx.co.uk/index.html

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    looks amazing
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Been doning kettlebell work outs for about 2 months~ be prepared to get VERY hungry all the time~ eat more protein!:wink:

Lots of different workouts available over here for under $20~ I have 2 different ones with 5 and 7 1/2 # weights.

Oh yeah, I saw a noticable difference after 6 workouts (2 weeks) all over really does lift the butt:bigsmile: !

Really watch the dvd all the way through, and practice the form before using the kettlebell to prevent injury!

Good luck!
  • araic
    araic Posts: 5
    Options
    I ordered mine a week or so ago - did my first session this evening.
    Oh Sweet Jesus did I feel the burn!!
    One thing though - I've no idea what level of calorie burn is going on....
  • marsbar_0789
    Options
    i just have a quick quetion about kettleworx do you neeed one or two kettlebells since i only have one at the moment?
  • tina_h
    tina_h Posts: 22
    Options
    I've just ordered mine and they are coming tomorrow.

Just wanted to know how it is going for you ladies? Any tips and what have you noticed
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys was crazy busy last few days :blushing: I started the challenge tonite :heart:

Just completed Week One Core, wearing HRM and was surprised only burned 121 cals for 24 mins highest HR 136 lowest 109 ... I'd say I managed 90/95% of it ok and I was using the 5lbs weight ;)

I had also just come back from a 2 hour walk in the woods :) How do you guys compare?
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    Been doning kettlebell work outs for about 2 months~ be prepared to get VERY hungry all the time~ eat more protein!:wink:

Lots of different workouts available over here for under $20~ I have 2 different ones with 5 and 7 1/2 # weights.

Oh yeah, I saw a noticable difference after 6 workouts (2 weeks) all over really does lift the butt:bigsmile: !

Really watch the dvd all the way through, and practice the form before using the kettlebell to prevent injury!

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips Plummy :bigsmile: I cannot wait to see the results he he :heart:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    i just have a quick quetion about kettleworx do you neeed one or two kettlebells since i only have one at the moment?

As far as I know you only need one :wink:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    OK update today did the Fast Abs 10 min workout incl cool down/warm up burned 79 cals in 15 mins highest HR 137 lowest 109 also did 20 mins of a Zumba DVD

Didn't do the full 20 mins workouts as wanted to rest the body in between but I wanted to get in some kind of workout :bigsmile:

Tomorrow I plan on doing the 20 mins Cardio workout if I can still move lol woke up this morning kinda stiff and sore :laugh:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    OK managed to do the 25 min Cardio and yeah it kinda kicked booty lol :bigsmile:

burned 223 calories doing 25 minutes Max 161 Avg 141

Also did JM BFBM for 53 mins :heart:

I'm hoping this will all be worth the pain I am feeling :laugh:
  • Elizabethhobbs84
    Options
    I think it's awesome you are keepin' us posted. I have a kettlebell myself and really dunno how to use it. I currently do sit ups with it and a side to side thing.
    I have On-Demand and there's some work outs on there using it. I'll look into the program. Seems like its a good deal. :wink:
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I started my second six weeks last week. I started over again because I went from a 5 lb. to a 7 lb. You wouldn't think 2 extra lbs. would make a difference, but it does! Great so far.

About results - I am loving them! I've been doing Zumba as my cardio since mid-summer. I didn't add the KW until October. It was after about three weeks I heard from three different people: HOW much WEIGHT have you LOST?!? I had lost a lot of it before KW. I was just more toned and it made people really notice.

Have fun!
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    I thought this thread had died and I was chatting to myself lol will post the results and then reply thanks guys :flowerforyou:

Monday plus I did Zumba :bigsmile:
    (Fast Fat Burn) Using 5lb Kettlebell ♥♥ Wearing Polar HRM (Rest HR 55) Max 151 Avg 125

Tonite I went a tad crazy and did 3 lol
    I'm doing the Jilllian Michaels Slim down challenge & another bit of Zumba
    (Resistance) Using 5lb Kettlebell ♥♥ Wearing Polar HRM (Rest HR 55) Max 140 Avg 109

I will update this as I go if there is interest :wink: :drinker:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    I think it's awesome you are keepin' us posted. I have a kettlebell myself and really dunno how to use it. I currently do sit ups with it and a side to side thing.
    I have On-Demand and there's some work outs on there using it. I'll look into the program. Seems like its a good deal. :wink:

Thanks so much for the support thought I was alone in here lol :bigsmile: If you don't have DVD's check this out the girl Marianne is lovely and very helpful :bigsmile: http://www.myomytv.com

Honestly I am finding it great and it's only the end of the first week and I am finding situps much smoother really makes a difference I was in shock :laugh:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    I started my second six weeks last week. I started over again because I went from a 5 lb. to a 7 lb. You wouldn't think 2 extra lbs. would make a difference, but it does! Great so far.

About results - I am loving them! I've been doing Zumba as my cardio since mid-summer. I didn't add the KW until October. It was after about three weeks I heard from three different people: HOW much WEIGHT have you LOST?!? I had lost a lot of it before KW. I was just more toned and it made people really notice.

Have fun!

Thanks for replying :flowerforyou:

I'm kinda nervous moving from the 5lb altho I did get the 10lb too :laugh: might wait a long while to move up as have an old back injury I need to keep an eye on :wink: I also do Zumba mind you my Zumba may not be up to scratch I am definitely moving around the room :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and burning a stack of cals :heart:

By the sounds of it I made the right choice I have lost a good bit already but certain areas never seem to go down :noway: I cannot wait to see how it goes :bigsmile:
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options

yes as i did also. I would like more info on these workouts.
  • ChellieIrish
    Options

yes as i did also. I would like more info on these workouts.

Here is the link to their site :flowerforyou: http://www.kettleworx.co.uk
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    Having 2 days off as it seems to be the norm with these Kettlebells don't want to get an injury :noway: however, I will be doing my normal workouts :heart:

So will be starting WEEK no 2 on Friday 04.02.2011 (Feb) :bigsmile:

See you then :drinker:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    Updating :flowerforyou: I may have overdone all the workouts lol managed to hurt my neck and shoulder so needed to take a few more rest days :wink:

Friday 4th
    KettleWorx Home Workout DVD (Core Wk2) Using 5lb Kettlebell ♥♥ Wearing Polar HRM (Rest HR 55) Max 132 Avg 105 (burned 125cals for 26mins)

Sun 6th
    KettleWorx Home Workout DVD (Fast Abs Wk 2) Using 5lb Kettlebell ♥♥ Wearing Polar HRM (Rest HR 55) Max 108 Avg 89 (burned 43cals for 15 mins)

It was after this last workout I was really starting to feel pain so took a few days off :grumble: ready to get back at it tonite tho :heart:
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    Are you supposed to do these every day or every other day? How many rest days. I do 1hr+ cardio at the gym every night... I am thinking of buying this set. Also are the actualy moves easy. I am very uncoordinated