Fiber One Cereal

Options
How do you guys feel about Fiber One original or Fiber One Bran flakes cereal? How does it taste? How do you like to have it?

Katy

Replies

• klutz25
    klutz25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Fiber One Cereals. I particularly like the Honey and Oat Culsters. In the summer I normally will mix 1/4 cup of the Original Fiber One, 1/4 cup of Honey/Oat Custers with six ounces of nonfat, sugar free vanilla yogurt with about a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. Somtimes I add a few raisins or cranberries. In the winter I have Irish Oatmeal every day. :wink:
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I like eating the flakes as cereal, but not the original. I use the original as a coating for chicken. Just grind it up in a blender or food precessor until it is like bread crumbs. Then dip chicken breast in egg then in the cereal crumbs. Then I bake it in the oven on 350 for about 35 minutes. Very yummy and low cal, plus good fiber.
  • dinareed
    dinareed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I occasionally eat Fiber One Raisin Bran. It tastes pretty good and helps me get that extra fiber in. Sometimes I will add cut up fruit (strawberries and/or bananas to get a serving of fruit in my diet. I also use 2% milk (gasp!) as I can't bring myself to like 1% or skim. It does have more calories than some breakfast cereals but they aren't bad calories.
  • dinareed
    dinareed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Fiber One Cereals. I particularly like the Honey and Oat Culsters. In the summer I normally will mix 1/4 cup of the Original Fiber One, 1/4 cup of Honey/Oat Custers with six ounces of nonfat, sugar free vanilla yogurt with about a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. Somtimes I add a few raisins or cranberries. In the winter I have Irish Oatmeal every day. :wink:

Ooooh, that sounds good! I will have to try that!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    I eat both. I actually like the original, and I wasn't sure that I would. My kids like both, also. Hungry Girl uses the original for a lot of breading and cooking techniques, but I think it is just fine as cereal too. It is also pretty filling, which is great.
  • phover
    phover Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    All Bran Buds are awesome! you can add them to any of your regular cereal to up the fibre content....and the best part is, they stay crunchy! Never soggy : )
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love the fiber one cereal and there bars for a quick grab out the door snack or I keep one in my purse so then I am not tempted with fast food.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I love the original. I bought it for an ingredient in something else and have ended up really liking it. I eat it as cereal (I.e. In a bowl with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk) and I also take baggies of it as snacks at work.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I used to eat them but they are high in sugar. They are yummy though but there are better alternatives
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One Raisin Bran, but I fart so much I'm afraid I'm going to achieve liftoff! :embarassed:

(My apologies to the woman behind me in Zumba tonight. That's still the residual effects from yesterday.)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them but they are high in sugar. They are yummy though but there are better alternatives

Fiber One Original has 0grams of sugar. :D
  • busub
    busub Posts: 58
    Options
    I like the original. Especially when you add in some fresh fruit and soy milk. Can't wait for berry season.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

Sounds really good, cinnamon and blueberries go together well.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

There is 0g sugar according to my box. I like it but my #1 love for mushy 'ness is All-Bran ;)

Ps: fiber/calories are calculated differently in the US vs. Canada. I got the giant e-mail from GM explaining when I emailed when I e-mailed them why is Fiber One 100 cals in Canada and 60 in the US? Same goes for Kellogg’s Fiber Plus bars. 4g fiber here, 9 g in the US. Sugar however has the same calculation.
  • jamben
    jamben Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I put it in my yogurt with some fruit, yum
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I love the Honey Clusters one. Especially last time I bought it, I got it for $1/box.
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Fiber One Cereal :smile:
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Ok well yes for all of those that eat the "original" but have you checked out the other kinds..Yeah not so much!!!
  • dentalgirl
    Options
    I have the same "problem" when i eat the fiber bars, but really like them and the cereal. Just trying to cut down on some carbs, so haven' had them for awhile!!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I used to eat FiberOne original. Then I actually tried reading their ingredients... aspartame really jumps out at me. I'd rather not start my day with a bowl full of neurotoxins. The irony is that I went for FO original because it was one of their few products that didn't have HFCS.

It's not something that everyone cares about, but just thought I'd throw it out there...