Calling out all mommys!

Options

Replies

• lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I do have to say I really admire all us mommies trying to bring sexy back.

LOVE IT!!! I think that's almost a group name... Mommies Bringing Sexy Back!
  • Echo9
    Echo9 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey I am in. Two weeks and losing. Finally putting myself on the top of "the list"! I see that some people have mini goals how do I do that?
  • Guinepig
    Guinepig Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Btw... anyone else's boobs look like some fried eggs on deflated balloons? Yeah... That never goes back... unfortunately...

La Senza push-up bras. They work in a pinch.
  • Crystel22
    Crystel22 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have found it difficult to try and lose weight when you are a stay at home mom. I have 3 boys who keep me pretty busy in the evening, but not so much during the day. I am always walking through the kitchen and wonder what there is for me to eat. I am doing a little better now, since finding MFP. I just hope I can push on and reach my goal.

Another good bra to get is the Very Sexy from Victoria Secret. It lifts and pushes together. Love it, but you can only get it online or in the catalog.
  • harmonykay
    Options
    I hear ya!! I will send you a friend request
  • capnananda
    capnananda Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm the mom of 4 kiddos. Oldest ia 9 and my baby is 9 months. Since I am done having babies I would love to get back to healthy. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Guinepig
    Guinepig Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Calories? I know that there are mathematical equations online that say how much your supposed to eat for your height and size and so on...but they don't alot for muscle composition.
    I'm 5'1, 109lbs and I am told to eat around 1500 a day with the inclusion of my activity level but it doesnt seem like enough. I feel sluggish. I tried a day or two where I ate what I wanted and I felt so much better the next day. I work out 6 times a week, three days at the gym doing weight training and Insanity and the other three are just Insanity. Am I not eating enough?
    I am fairly muscular but trying to lose the pooch and saddlebags. Only about 5 or so pounds of fat worth.

I know, I know...cry me a river but this is almost two years of hard work. When does the hard work end and maintenance start. So give a girl a break...please.
  • jmncolts
    Options
    Oooo! I like this thread!! :)

I have 3 BUSY kids...11, almost 9 and 4!! I suffer the same "wrinkly skin and fat" stretch mark area and worry that will never get any better!! Still loving the feeling of other areas seeming to shrink though!! :happy:

Nursed all 3...soooo definately feel your pain there!! teehee!!

Thanks for the great post! Feel free to add me Mommas! :)

Jeanette
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Momma of 3 here. My boys are 5 and 3, my little girl is 19 months. I had gestational diabetes with my first 2. Following the required diet was a blessing in disguise - I gained 25/35 pounds respectively. With the first baby I was back to normal weight and then some within 6 weeks - the voracious little beast ate all the time! It took about 6 months for the second one. My 3rd was different. No diabetes, so no diet. I gained about 50 lbs. I nursed her as I had done with the boys, but she was the type of baby that I could forget to feed because she was not demanding at all. Because of that, plus changes in my job, she weaned earlier too (around 9 months vs. 13-14 months).

So, now she is 19 months and I am still trying to get back to my pre-baby weight. I am noticing some changes but I am really wondering what is going to happen with the stretchy stomach area. It seems like there is so much fat there, and even if I am able to lose the fat I am sort of terrified of what the skin will look like. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Feel free to add me if you want more mommy friends :)
  • Taras630
    Options
    Im a mom of a 1 1/2 year old. With my pregnancy I gained about 60 pounds. Currently lost 45 pounds of it. I had gotten gestational diabetes from it and like 2 weeks after I gave birth I had stretch marks like crazy. They're not as dark anymore...
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm a mommy of 2 kiddos. My son is 6 and my daughter will be 2 in a couple of weeks. Yes, my body has definitely changed since having kids. My breasts are a bit saggy, so is my stomach and I have lots of stretch marks.:grumble: My stomach muscles just seem weak, so I'm working on them. I've never been a tiny girl...in high school I wore a size 10, but I was fit and healthy. Just trying to get back to there.

Feel free to add me as well!
  • annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I friended you. Mom of three, all under 6, via c-section. My body has definitely changed.
  • ajwall3
    ajwall3 Posts: 187
    Options
    My little ones are 4 years and 9 mos. I suffered from TERRIBLE PPD after my son was born. It was the most awful, terrifying experience of my life. Just thinking about it now brings tears to my eyes. If it wasn't for the listening ears of some wonderful non-judgmental friends and my workouts, I'm not sure I would have made it through.
    Moms have to band together. We are strong, powerful women who are at the center of the family unit. Our children, husbands, significant others DEPEND on us to set the example. In order to stay strong, we need a strong community of support ourselves.
    I am happy to be part of that for anhyone who wants it :)

Rochelle

Awesome testimony! Thanks for sharing and you are so right! We can do it!! :)
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My son will be 2 in March and I am now just getting fully motivated. A friend of mine that is a beach body coach for the P90X told me that when he first started losing weight he made a poster of exactly why he wanted to lose weight. I have done the same thing and placed it in my walk in closet plus on my cabinet at work. It has a picture of my son and husband because I want to do it for my family to have more energy as well as my health.. Hope this helps anyone can add me if they want as friends.. I love being able to receive and give support an encouragement to all my friends..
  • ajwall3
    ajwall3 Posts: 187
    Options
    Awesome Ladies!!! Is there an easier way to communicate on here other than this thread? While it's awesome scrolling down the list to check out comments and encouragements... it's almost difficult to keep up and this site doesn't have 'notifications' like FB has for example... Ideas? Someone mentioned a group and that's awesome! How though?? Just continue the thread?
  • leighllf
    Options
    count me in!
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to add more mommies to my list its always so nice to have more people in the same situation as me, exactly the inspiration I need sometimes :) My daughter just turned 1 last October (7 days after I turned 24 lol) and I had a c-section so I know that my body will never be in the same condition it was before being pregnant but I also feel as though I have lots more aches and pains after having given birth. Pretty sure that is related more to chasing/carrying my daughter around lol

When they weighed me before taking me into the OR I was at 300lbs, I was very embarrassed of my weight and angry too. I had just lost 50lbs before getting pregnant and had gained it ALL back!! Needless to say I was very determined to lose it again and I have, all but 1 lb that is and I'm sure I'll be saying goodbye to that sucker come the end of this week :D I was in the gym every weekday but with school now I can't find the time and we can't afford it anymore so I've been doing Slim in 6, I'm in my second week now and I really enjoy it. Its easy to follow but it defiantly leaves me feeling like I've done something and sweaty!
  • kfuller27
    kfuller27 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I could definitely use the support and am more than happy to give anyone else the motivation they need as well! I have a beautiful 3 yr old little girl, but am a single mom and my days can get pretty crazy with trying to fit everything in. Up at 6, work until 6:00, pick my daughter up from daycare, run to the gym quick and then home for bath/bed time. It would be so easy to just throw the towel in and give up because some days I am just SO exhausted... but I think about how badly I want to be healthy for my little girl that it keeps me going! Feel free to add me if you'd like!!

Katie
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You bet!! I have a bunch of great mommy friends on here and it's great to see other women dealing with the same issues I face for sure. The biggest thing for me not only on becoming a mom and my body changing was that I also became a stay-at-home mom at the same time. I was nursing, but went into cooking/baking overload after I had my first daughter and ate it all and it wasn't all healthy! When I stopped nursing my weight was out of control. I'm bound and determined to make changes this go round and even today I was thinking I'm 25lbs lighter than I was 2yrs ago (I lost about 10lbs before getting pregnant w/ our second)!

Anywho, my biggest pet peeve is my thighs currently. Just not digging them, but I've got some time before bathing suit season and I just keep pushing play on ChaLEAN Extreme!! Oh and post-breastfeeding boobs... I'm going to need a lift someday! :D

I was always so jealous of mommy's who's weight DROPPED while nursing! My daughter was lazy and wouldn't nurse so that wasn't an option for me! I pumped but that's not the same... and after 2 months we went to 100% formula. :( I was sad about this!! I need workout/diet advice on shrinking 'the girls' LOL Unfortunately they never came back down once pregnancy was over!

I think I've read that if you work out your chest and back it helps perk your boobs up, I could be wrong though so look into it and if someone else knows and 'm wrong please correct me :)
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    my body just got 100x larger lol

i got sore tailbone.