Breakfast

Options
I have been told that eggs are good for breakfast to get the the meto going. So my question is, how do you do yours???fried, scrammbled????

thanks

steve

Replies

• LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Scrambled, wrapped in white corn tortillas and topped with tomato and spinach!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    However you like. Just stick to cooking spray rather than butter. Better yet, do all egg whites and throw in one yolk for flavor.
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm not sure how you fry or scramble your eggs, but I would guess that it requires oil and other ingredients. The simplest way would be to poach your egg, that way its just egg without hidden calories and fats in the frying oil etc.
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i have some spray thats 1 calorie per squirt. Next question, what is the average amount of calories for your breakfasts? Im finding that at the end of the night i have 400 odd calories left
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how you fry or scramble your eggs, but I would guess that it requires oil and other ingredients. The simplest way would be to poach your egg, that way its just egg without hidden calories and fats in the frying oil etc.

i fry mine or scramble in a nonstick pan no oil needed but it has to be a very good nonstick or the pan is a pain in th erear to clean afterwards or you can scramble in the microwave again no oil just beat ure eggs place in a suitable microwave dish and cook keep mixing every 20seconds not as good as pan made but a decent alternative
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    Options
    love the fried boiled or scrambled.. i love eggs.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i have some spray thats 1 calorie per squirt. Next question, what is the average amount of calories for your breakfasts? Im finding that at the end of the night i have 400 odd calories left

Breakfats should be your biggest meal of the day. My bf consists of about 400 calories and the rest of my mini meals are b/w 2-300. You should also eat within an hour of waking up to get your metabolism going.
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    same my breakfast is usually 300-400calories sometimes alittle more altho i can not eat in the first hr and half after rising it make sme physically ill but it is a better option if you can
  • minxblack
    Options
    A fitness fanatic at work says 2 egg whites and one whole egg or 4 egg whites tossed in a pan with some cooking spray but to also eat a half cup of oatmeal sweetened with cinnamon and maybe some stevia or blueberries (any superfood fruit) with the eggs will get you moving. Also to eat it within an hour no later than hour and a half after waking or your body goes into starvation mode. You can also flavor the eggs with salsa if needed. I'm feeling better and weight is starting to come off now that I've started this.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i like hardboiled or just just scrambled or "fried" with no added stuff. i use a fat free calorie free "butter" spray and sometimes will add some ground pepper
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my new favorite thing. I can eat four of them, get a TON of protein, and still only be at 280 cals. I scramble them, or if I'm feeling especially productive some night, I hardboil and peel a bunch so I can just have them when I get up.

I eat the yokes though.
  • coxan56
    Options
    Morning............ I always poach mine with a little vinegar to hold then together. also love this site just joined and it all looks great

Ann
  • DenShort
    Options
    2 egg whites and 1 yolk into an omlette with mushrooms and peppers :)
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thanks guys- i had fried egg on toast, did me daughter scrammbled in the microwave. Its a big learning curve this dieting and still enjoying it 2 weeks after i started (normally stopped by now)
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I've always done scrambled eggs in the microwave - fast, easy and really tasty without the need for any oil.

I just use two eggs beaten, touch of salt and pepper, and a dash of ultra-light or light milk all beaten together. Pop in the microwave for around 60 seconds and use a potato masher to mash them up, then put on high power for a further 60 seconds or so until they're at the right consistency.

Served on wholegrain or soy and linseed bread this is yummy and healthy!

Sometimes I add tomatoes too, just for a different taste :)

Happy munching!
  • darbymcfarland
    Options
    i love the microwave option and I don't stir mine every 20 seconds. Leaving it alone is the perfect size to then place on a piece of whole wheat bread or muffin. Just be careful because it blows up to look like a huge balloon in the microwave!
  • ms_april
    ms_april Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love soft boiled (5 minute) eggs on a slice of toast. Sometimes I add spinach or thinly sliced tomato. I just love how yummy the runny yoke is when I slice the egg onto my toast.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

I usually have about 300 calorie breakfasts, but I include snacks throughout the day. I like my egg whites and/or egg substitutes with hot sauce. At-least-habanero-hot hot sauce. And fresh horseradish. Always gives my eggs a good kick. And yes, the euphemism is intended. Lol.