Options
Whose watching the new 90210 tonight? I am a little embarrased to admit I will check it out. I am almost certain I will hate it, but I am curious. I loved the original show the first few season. As much as I don't like her personally, I think the original took a big hit when Shannen left the show...and then even bigger when it just got so dramatic and ridiculous for the last few seasons. Has anyone ever noticed how much Jennie Garth's character went through on the show? She was raped, burned in a fire, stabbed, addicted to drugs, mixed up in a cult, she dated two best friends, helped her best friends bf cheat, was diagnosed with endometriosis, etc etc. They could have passed some of that drama around to some other characters.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Whose watching the new 90210 tonight? I am a little embarrased to admit I will check it out. I am almost certain I will hate it, but I am curious. I loved the original show the first few season. As much as I don't like her personally, I think the original took a big hit when Shannen left the show...and then even bigger when it just got so dramatic and ridiculous for the last few seasons. Has anyone ever noticed how much Jennie Garth's character went through on the show? She was raped, burned in a fire, stabbed, addicted to drugs, mixed up in a cult, she dated two best friends, helped her best friends bf cheat, was diagnosed with endometriosis, etc etc. They could have passed some of that drama around to some other characters.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'll check it out, for old times sake! Who knows....will have to see how cheesy it is! :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever noticed how much Jennie Garth's character went through on the show? She was raped, burned in a fire, stabbed, addicted to drugs, mixed up in a cult, she dated two best friends, helped her best friends bf cheat, was diagnosed with endometriosis, etc etc. They could have passed some of that drama around to some other characters.

Sounds like a typical weekend for SoupNazi. th_giggle.gif
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I will watch. Hopefully it will be good enough to be something my daughter and I can get into and enjoy together since I loved it so much the first time around.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    Watching it tonight... it's being recorded. I don't know how I'll like it. I still like watching (and own) old re-runs of saved by the bell. .so who knows. lol
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So YNOT did you see raising the bar last night? Zak looked scruffy!
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    what station is it playing on? Are all the same actors going to be coming back?
  • Erica92627
    Options
    it will be on KCAL . Not sure what station in other areas

NO! I missed raising the bar- hopefully it will be on again.
  • alyssa150
    alyssa150 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I Will be checking it out for old time sake!!!
  • conniptionfits
    Options
    I think it's one of those shows that when redone may be well writen but it's not the original :noway: im curious how long it will make it
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    My boyfriend and I will be watching it. Surprisingly enough he's the one with the 90210 addiction!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    I'm glad you said it was on tonight. I thought it was on Thursday night. I would not have been very happy if I had missed it. I loved 90210 when it was on. I too, liked the earlier shows better though.

:drinker:
  • nikkid917
    Options
    I just have to watch it. I mean it definitely cannot compare to the original but hey I will give it a try :laugh:

56151.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this thread was started! I will watch it tonight now, or at least DVR it. :bigsmile:
  • clairegl
    Options
    I'm DVRing it myself, although my expectations are low as I remember how cheesetastic the original was. As alvdz noted, remember what Jennie's character alone went through, but I'm excited to see the old cast and I wish that Tori was in.
    Oh well, I hope it's fun.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I WILL BE WATCHING!!! has always been my fav show and i don care what anyone thinks. lol

cant wait ive had it written down on my calendar for 2 months now
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

It is on CW50 around me but I am not sure what channel number that is to be exact. As far as I know only Jennie Garth is coming back for sure and I think Shannen Doherty has a few guest appearances. Jennie is bringing her character back as a single mom who is returning to West Beverly as a school counselor.

I am pretty sure the two main charactrs (brother and sister who are basically the new brandon and brenda), the girl is white and the boy it black. I was just wondering if anyone knows how they explain that, is one adopted? Are they step siblings? Mixed race? I just hate when shows skip over the explanation of something obvious like that.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

It is on CW50 around me but I am not sure what channel number that is to be exact. As far as I know only Jennie Garth is coming back for sure and I think Shannen Doherty has a few guest appearances. Jennie is bringing her character back as a single mom who is returning to West Beverly as a school counselor.

I am pretty sure the two main charactrs (brother and sister who are basically the new brandon and brenda), the girl is white and the boy it black. I was just wondering if anyone knows how they explain that, is one adopted? Are they step siblings? Mixed race? I just hate when shows skip over the explanation of something obvious like that.
    Yes, the son is adopted. I read it in a magazine that had previews of upcoming shows. I imagine they will explain it somehow in tonights pilot.