The Zumba Crew - February

Options
Hey there girls (and guys if you like!) I am so glad that our Zumba crew has been so successful so far. Let's keep it up!

This is the new thread for February, so why don't we try some fun 'break the ice' questions to get to know one another?

introduce (or reintroduce) yourself for any new comers, then tell me your least favorite food. There are so many foods out there to love, what are the ones you can't stand?!

I am Emily, 28, twin mom and I can't stand olives or beets in any form!

Replies

• Sohnsearae
    Options
    I'm Sohn, 30, I hate Onions! =o) But I love Zumba!
  • DeAsh
    DeAsh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm Deanna - I'm new to this topic, but I just started Zumba a few weeks ago, and love it!

I hate brussel sprouts and olives. Don't really care for fish, either.
  • ZumbaTriad
    ZumbaTriad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Can anyone jump in on this one?

I'm Dawn, 41 w/ 3 kids. I hate tuna and cottage cheese but I'm a total ZUMBAHOLIC!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm LeeAnn, 37, with three kids. Just started zumba for the wii because I can't work the zumba class into my schedule with the kids. I really like it so I'm sure the classes are awesome.

Least favorite food: tuna because I can't get over the cat food smell. Ick.
  • BrandieLynne
    Options
    I'm Brandie, 26, and I'm not a big fan of broccoli:) I absolutely love zumba though.
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm Christine, 57 yo, and been doing Zumba since October 2010. I love it! I need the motivation that comes from the class, so I go twice a week to a local gym for it. Some days, my energy is really high, some days I "make it through" the class.

I don't like onions, but there really isn't anything I won't try!
  • rme921
    rme921 Posts: 22
    Options
    :sick: Hi, I'm Regina and I'm 43....Love Zumba......hate broccoli, cabbage and brussel sprouts.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    loving all these responses! I absolutely LOVE onions. I eat them every day.

Dawn, you are more than welcome here. The only requirement is that you have a 'thing' for Zumba!
  • lxspollack
    Options
    ZUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMBBAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I'm Lexy 44, mother of 2... I am a foodie and love most anything but you couldn't get me to eat oysters or okra for anything raw, cooked or otherwise prepared.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Lexy, I could totally hear that ZUUUUUUUMMMBA!! in my head!

For any instructors who manage to find this thread (DAWN!) I would love for you to come help me start a Zumba instructor group here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/164036-calling-all-zumba-instructors
  • cclala
    cclala Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My name is Cynthia and I'm a Zumbaholic. Is anyone else certified? I'm toying with the idea....
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    You should do it! It is awesome to be an instructor, and once you have a class you are even MORE obligated to never miss a class. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Renee and I will be going to my first zumba class tonight at Curves. I'm so excited to try have read a lot of good things about Zumba so I signed up and paid for twelve classes. I hate brussal sprots even if they are fried in bacon grease!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Hola! I'm Cee, a Zumbatastic mom of 4! I absolutely cannot stand the smell of chitlins! Eww!
  • sneakers71
    Options
    HI! I'm Holly, mother of 3. I hate califlower & beets but I LOVE Zumba!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Desirai, 38, navy wife & mother of 3. I absolutely do not like liver, okra, beets & cranberry sauce. I got Zumba for the xbox this week-end and I'm addicted already LOL.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Renee and I will be going to my first zumba class tonight at Curves. I'm so excited to try have read a lot of good things about Zumba so I signed up and paid for twelve classes. I hate brussal sprots even if they are fried in bacon grease!

Hey Renee, are you doing Zumba in the Circuit or are you doing an actual aerobics class held at a Curves? If you guys haven't already heard about it, Zumba has just introduced "Zumba in the Circuit" at Curves which combines the awesome interval toning stuff that Curves has to offer with the moves of Zumba cardio in between.
  • mlssgaede
    Options
    im new :) 24 y/o mom of 3. Been doing zumba for 2 weeks now! I hate spinach!!:happy:
  • ediegram
    Options
    Can I join??? I'm Edie 44 - two boys and...... I love Zumba and bellydance as well :) I have a bit of an knee injury so am having to rest it. Hopefully will return next week.

I am not a fan of broccoli or potato salad.
  • Doggiemomerin
    Doggiemomerin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Erin and I am also doing the Zumba Fitness in the Curves Circuit. I love it! I go to Curves on the opposite days to do the regular workout too. I am going this morning to a Zumba class. I like the change in my workout, keeps me motivated.

The food I least like: Fish