Stronger, Better, Faster Challenge, Sept 2nd

Options
Howdy folks!

I'm down a pound. If it stays away, I will be most excited.

Yesterday I went on an hour long bike ride with husband and did yoga. He is talking about doing the Wurstfest ride (30 miles/50k) in November. I said I would do it, but it starts at 8am, so I said I wouldn't :laugh: We are going to try to go for 30 miles at the end of this month if it's not too hot. It's going to be hot all this week anyway.

Today I'm thinking kickbox class and a little walk.

Happy workouts!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Howdy folks!

I'm down a pound. If it stays away, I will be most excited.

Yesterday I went on an hour long bike ride with husband and did yoga. He is talking about doing the Wurstfest ride (30 miles/50k) in November. I said I would do it, but it starts at 8am, so I said I wouldn't :laugh: We are going to try to go for 30 miles at the end of this month if it's not too hot. It's going to be hot all this week anyway.

Today I'm thinking kickbox class and a little walk.

Happy workouts!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is weights and some elliptical (or a ride on a spin bike) for cardio.

I downloaded a new "whole body" weight workout I'm going to try doing three times a week. I'm doing weights twice a week now. . .and I want more, faster results in this department. I'm on a more weights, less cardio kick. . .we'll see how that works out!

Also, water and vits. :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    I want to take a kickboxing class! I think that would be so cool! Maybe one of these days I'll be able to.

Today is Shred level 2 (biting my nails in fear) and either Cardio Max or Power Sculpt. I won't get that done till this afternoon. This morning I am cleaning and then going to a friend's house for lunch. Lunch makes me a little nervous because it's not in my hands per se, but I will do my best! I blew it all weekend (my excuse was to shock my body.:laugh: ) and I am getting back on track today. If I eat 1,000 calories at lunch I will come home and burn as many as I need to so I can stay in my calories. Ha ha.

My son's room will not clean itself, unfortuately, so I'd better get started. Hope you all have a great day!
    Melissa
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    I want to take a kickboxing class! I think that would be so cool! Maybe one of these days I'll be able to.

Today is Shred level 2 (biting my nails in fear) and either Cardio Max or Power Sculpt. I won't get that done till this afternoon. This morning I am cleaning and then going to a friend's house for lunch. Lunch makes me a little nervous because it's not in my hands per se, but I will do my best! I blew it all weekend (my excuse was to shock my body.:laugh: ) and I am getting back on track today. If I eat 1,000 calories at lunch I will come home and burn as many as I need to so I can stay in my calories. Ha ha.

My son's room will not clean itself, unfortuately, so I'd better get started. Hope you all have a great day!
    Melissa

Jillian Micheals haas a Cardio Kickboxing DVD that kicks major bum! Maybe you can mix that into your shred? I'm actually going to do it tonight.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Congrats Mary! Thats awesome to hear!!

Today I am hoping to just stay within my cals. This morning I am going to start getting mentored, kinda nervous for it!! My mornings are hectic as it is and now every Tuesday will be driving a half hour to get mentored and a half hour to get back before 1 to have my nap then head off to work...

My weight is still down so happy about that!

MM - I HATED shred level 2!! I really did!! Maybe it will go better for you! hahaha Good luck! :tongue:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OK, it's time for me to get back on track - I totally petered off the end of last week, and I'm worried that my previous loss won't stay gone. I usually weigh on Tuesday, but am giving myself an extra day because of the long weekend. I think I'll start trying to do my Shred DVD in the morning before work going forward, but I didn't get up early enough today.

So today is treadmill (shooting for 20-30 minutes jogging, plus walking at beginning and end until I reach 5K), Shred DVD, and pushup challenge. I'm going to have to repeat week 2, it looks like - I was supposed to be able to do at least 16, but could only manage 15. Still - 2 weeks ago it was only 6, and 4 weeks ago it was only 1!

Congrats on the pound, Mary! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey cp, I had to redo every week on the push ups so far so don't feel bad about having to redo week 2. You'll get there! I think I could do six when I first started (had been doing other arm exercises too) and now I can do at least 25 probably more. Week four doesn't look that bad but week 5 is a lot harder and that makes me nervous! lol I may be redoing that week too. We'll see.
    I should have exercised this morning. My friend postponed lunch by 30 minutes so I would have had time to work out beforehand, but I will do it when I get back!
    Back to my cleaning since I have an extra half hour!
    Melissa
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    What a cruddy weekend, health-wise! All fast food or sugar! Yuck!

I'm determined to get back to it. My goal was to be down 12 pounds by my birthday, which is now only 9 days away, so I'm not sure if that will happen or not. I'll try my best. Today I'll be doing an hour of Back & Biceps and then trying out the Shred and maybe throwing in the BL cardio. We'll see how long I last...and how much I feel like eating tonight! :laugh:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Morning, All!

Congrats, Mary -- hope it's the beginning of a downward trend after your plateau.

Today I'm continuing my bodybuilding.com workout with 40 minutes are cardio and my favorite Yoga Booty Ballet class. It's been over a month since I've actually been in town on the right day, so I'm really excited!

So today:
    ~ 40 minutes cardio
    ~ Yoga Booty Ballet
    ~ Take my vitamins, drink my antioxidant water
    ~ Log my calories
    ~ Limit the treats to one portion
  • JulieB21
    Options
    Hey ladies! Congrats on the loss Mary:flowerforyou:

Carrie, I found that I actually liked Level 3 Shred alot more than Level 2. I only did 2 for a couple of days & went right to 3.

I did Turbo Jam this morning and a little housework and then took my son on one last outing before school to Chuck E Cheese. We had alot of fun.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Ended up walking for 45 and doing my weights/circuit training workout at home. Putting the dreaded "burpies" in between sets took my little 20 minutes weight session up to 200 calories, so cool.

Does riding public transportation standing up and sweaty burn calories? Because it totally should. (I don't think I was on an air-conditioned vehicles in all my travels today. . .):flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    What in the world is a "burpie"? :huh:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    What in the world is a "burpie"? :huh:

EXACTLY!!!! Dying of curiousity.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    They are kind of tricky to explain without a demonstration!

Basically you start in plank push-up position. Then you jump your knees forward so they are tucked into your chest, your hands still on the ground, and your toes on the ground. From there you use the power in your scrunched up legs to jump straight in the air, as high as you can, with your arms up above your head, straight up. As you land, jump back down into the squat-like position, then you jump your legs back into plank position, and repeat.

Does that make sense? :ohwell:

It is exhausting!
  • natalie424
    Options
    Mary--Congrats on the loss!

Today was Shred Level 1
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    They are kind of tricky to explain without a demonstration!

Basically you start in plank push-up position. Then you jump your knees forward so they are tucked into your chest, your hands still on the ground, and your toes on the ground. From there you use the power in your scrunched up legs to jump straight in the air, as high as you can, with your arms up above your head, straight up. As you land, jump back down into the squat-like position, then you jump your legs back into plank position, and repeat.

Does that make sense? :ohwell:

It is exhausting!

yep, what she said. I did a minute of those nightmares in between sets. the heart rate skyrockets. i hate them so hard, but they really increase the calorie burn.:flowerforyou: