drinking water

Options
hiya all, i dont drink water, but i have about 6 cups of tea with no sugar in a day. is it best to drink water or will me drinking tea b the same?

Replies

• Slammedtoys
    Options
    water water water water... Tea isnt the best for you because of the caffeine it contains, unless you are drinking green tea.. Water is by far the best thing you can drink. I have my goal set on drinking a gal and a half a day.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Tea like coffee and pop are diuretics - they dehydrate you so to a certain extent you are actually drinking negative amounts of water.

Enjoy your favorite 0-cal drink but in moderation.

That being said I started the large MFP Pro-Pop/Soda thread so I honestly would say drink as much as you want but get your 8 glasses of water in also.
  • csmoronu
    Options
    Its technically not the same even though tea is made of water because tea has additives in it that water does not have. Tea does have health benefits but it also has negatives where as water has no negative effects on the body.
  • tw51nks
    Options
    thanks all, il try and have 2 pints 2moro then 4 the next day.. i dont want to be at the loo every 5 mins.lol
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    If people can put colored powder in their water,and count it as water,you can count your herbal decaf tea!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    The loo is good..The kidneys will thank you. I drink 1 cup of water per cup of coffee,tea, etc. Plus my 6-8 glasses of water daily! Nice plan on increasing your water intake!! Good Luck!
  • sisco23
    Options
    water is the best and its all natural and comes from the lovely earth. i tend to drink 6-8 cups per day.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    green tea DOES have caffeine, especially if you are drinking 5 cups a day. Which of course, makes you pee and thus, dehydrates you.

I sometimes count herbal tea, but honestly, nothing helps you lose weight like straight up water.
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    green tea DOES have caffeine, especially if you are drinking 5 cups a day. Which of course, makes you pee and thus, dehydrates you.

I sometimes count herbal tea, but honestly, nothing helps you lose weight like straight up water.

how does water help lose weight? I hardly drink any water!
  • mightymaiden
    mightymaiden Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I dont drink water either, does it help in weight loss!!!
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options

how does water help lose weight? I hardly drink any water!

Water does help you lose weight as it doesn't contain any sugar or any sodium in it (for the most part unless you drink some bottled water...watch out for that). Think of it as cleansing your body when you drink water. Water also helps curb your hunger. Sometimes a person isn't really hungry but thirsty. If you drink a full glass of water when you think you are hungry but it isn't a meal time, your body will give off the right signals to see if you were truly hungry or just thirsty.

Here an article to better explain what im trying to say http://news.discovery.com/human/glass-water-weight-loss.html
  • AChampion1228
    Options
    Some people can't take the taste of straight water, so take a pitcher of water and put some fruit in it. Blueberries, strawberries, etc.. Yes fruit has sugar, but it's better than artificial drinks. I would think as long as you are taking in sugar free tea it can't be that bad. Much better than sweet tea like my husband is addicted too (gag!!!)
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Last week the big change was I drank 60-80oz of water a day. Lost 4+ lbs.
    Now, this week, I'm doing w/water and added kickboxing.... so we'll see.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Just FYI, Tea is from the Earth also and is all natural. (Can be if they don't add anything, tea after all, and tea leaves are just the dried leaves of a the tea plant). So is water, yes.
    Tea has great antioxidants, with green tea being the biggest bang for your buck with the best antioxidants out of all of the teas. I'd say just limit your tea to a couple a day and then drink a ton of water on top of that. Add some lemon or something to your water. I know a lot of people get bored drinking water but you have to figure out ways to get yourself to drink it!

I've been drinking almost solely water my whole life so it's easy for me to just drink it non stop. I cultivate that habit with my children as I only provide water as a standard drink and everything else is a treat.