I fell of the wagon . . . again

Options
I need to get back on track and quickly. I gained five pounds and inches around my waist since early December. Does anyone have any tips and tricks that helped you shed a few extra pounds when you fell off the wagon and got back into routine. Any good dieting tips and exercise routines would be great!

Replies

• mealybug1010
    Options
    It's ok! Just start tracking your calories again and get some cardio in! You will be back before you know it!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Cardio...water and calorie counting again. Make yourself accountable for what goes into your mouth. Even the bad things:)

Good Luck!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I agree with mealybug...get back on track ASAP and anytime you feel yourself start to fall off again, come to MFP and announce it to the world that way all your friends can help you keep from falling. We are all here to not only cheer each other through our successes but to hold each other up through the rough patches. You can do it. Good luck. xoxo
  • SamWTFx3
    Options
    Try to get rid of anything with a lot of calories. Start keeping track again, and start doing some simple cardio exercises to get you motivated. I know it's hard to get started, but after that first day of hell, it's so much easier.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    don't diet, eat the right food and keep with it. We all fall off the wagon from time to time but the key is to get back on it. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • countrymom75
    countrymom75 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    JUST A COUPLE IDEAS. IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO EAT AND NOT EAT AND YOU JUST FELL OUT OF SINK, YOU CAN POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF THIN (IF YOU WERE BEFORE) SOMEWHERE YOU WILL SEE ALL THE TIME. OR PULL OUT A PAIR OF SKINNY JEANS OR SOMETHING YOU USE TO WEAR OR WANT TO WEAR. POSTIVE MOTIVATIONS TO REMIND YOU WHERE YOUR JOURNEY IS GOING TO TAKE YOU. I TELL MYSELF EVERYDAY, I CAN DO THIS! I HAVE TO DO THIS! I WANT TO BE A BETTER ME.
    TAKE CARE AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    What make you fell of the wagon the first place? Find the source, recognize it and next time when you hit it again, hopefully you know better not fall again.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    The general advice for any holiday weight gain due to seasonal celebrations, usually is to go back to your pre-holiday routine of eating right and exercise. If you incorporated those holiday eating habits back into your current diet, cut them out again. Chances are that if your body got used to extra weight and inches being gained, reintroducing the healthy lifestyle will shock your metabolism into burning those calories off faster.

If you've already made the change back to a healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise, and your weight hasn't changed at all, then it's still time for a change in what you eat and do. Either cut back your calorie intake by 100 - 200 calories a day or increase either the duration or intensity of your workouts; i.e. if you normally do a treadmill routine at a steady 3.0mph pace for 30 minutes 5x a week, you could increase the intensity by changing the elevation and/or speed at the most you can perform for 2 minutes, then do a recovery speed for 1 - 2 minutes, and amp it back up for another 2 minutes, alternating back and forth for 20 minutes. Then end it with a 10 minute medium-paced cool-down period.

Another option is to switch the days you do cardio with your rest days, which will confuse your metabolism as well. Also, do some strength training to build lean muscle. As we all know, muscles burn more calories than fat does, so adding some strength training/muscle toning exercises along with your cardio will boost metabolism. There's plenty of ways to get the body burning off holiday weight. It just takes the discipline to apply them.