STORM OF THE CENTURY!!!

Options

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,336 Member
    Options
    No, and I'm disappointed. :sad:

I'm in western Wisconsin, just east of Minneapolis / St. Paul, Minnesota.

Yeah, what did we officially get here in Minneapolis/St. Paul, a measly 5" of fluffy, powdery stuff? The only thing fearful about it was what it did to the traffic yesterday morning at rush hour. 8-o It hella-sucked.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    my friends are all teachers they say if you sleep with your pjs inside out you'll get a snow day...

OMG I will try that :)

Or a rash... Be careful!! :tongue:
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Illinois on the Iowa border here! Expecting 1 1/2 to 2ft. Blizzard warning goes into effect at 3pm. Interstates are already closing and at zero visibility. I won't get off of work until an hour AFTER the blizzard warning is in effect and I have over an hour drive home with my 2 y/o son to our rural back roads farm home... I've lived in Illinois my whole life and this is the first time I've been afraid of a snow storm!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    You all stay safe!!! WV here. I think it's just missing us.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    For once it pays to live in Northern MN its sunny and beautiful here today!
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am in NW Ohio and we got 4 inches last night and we are just waiting for the rest of it to start...
  • mhayes13
    mhayes13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We are getting ice at home (south west Ohio); however, I am in Orlando - 81 and sunny today!
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    We are getting ice at home (south west Ohio); however, I am in Orlando - 81 and sunny today!

I think I just saw red... :mad: Jealousy becomes me...
  • lwiltfong
    Options
    My husband works in Metamora and they are closing his shop down after 1st shift and telling everyone to stay home tomorrow. He's worked there for 13 years and this has never happened.
  • mhayes13
    mhayes13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

I think I just saw red... :mad: Jealousy becomes me...

I am enjoying it while I can - flying home Thursday, I hope.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am in the path of the storm! I'll be living at work (literally) for the next few days!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Yep..west michigan..right along the lake! :grumble:
  • misty_68505
    Options
    I heard 12-18 in here in SW Michigan....
  • rwilley35
    rwilley35 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yep, South east Wisconsin here. We got hit by 8 inches of snow last night and they are calling for another 18"-2' overnight. Tomorrow we are supposed to have blizzard condition winds between 40-50 mph. But I love it! I've lived in CA, NC and Okinawa and wouldn't give up this weather up for anything.
  • Toaster88
    Options

Another bullet dodger! Central California - mid 60's, not a cloud in the sky (we call it severe clear).
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I live in PA- and this area gets screwed out of all the big snow storms.

We had about 2 inches of snow early this morning, and now it's doing nothing. It's supposed to be freezing rain tonight, which they claim is worse than sleet because it will hang on branches and powerlines instead of just calling to the ground.

I WANTED SNOW!! LOTS AND LOTS OF IT! GRR!
    I'm in northeast PA too and am also disappointed. :grumble: We got around 4" in my area and we're expecting ice tonight. They're talking about a possible weekend storm though. Fingers crossed!! :laugh:
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    my friends are all teachers they say if you sleep with your pjs inside out you'll get a snow day...

That's funny, my daughter's teacher told her that a couple wks ago with the first storm.
    We're in NE PA in the Poconos, got a few inches of snow last night and they're calling for sleet and ice tonight.
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    For all you snow wishers I am auctioning off my interest in the snow that is coming my way...
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Abilene, TX was hit with hail, sleet, snow and THUNDER. Strangest thing! Was up till nearly 2:00AM watching it come down. Still snowing but we've leveled off at about 8". Which of course in Texas means no one goes anywhere. No sanding trucks when you live in this climate. ;)
    Friends and family in DFW got the sleet and a bit of snow, but from what I hear they will get more later on today. Just glad the husband's home to entertain the kids. :D
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I guess we all could be snowbound..better get stuff now when you can and workout indoors. At least i have a few options. :bigsmile: