My fellow coffee lovers....Creamers

Options
2»

Replies

• jshearon567
    Options
    I use Coffemate Sugar Free Hazelnut. I love my morning cup of coffee. I think one serving is not so bad.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My friend recommended to me that I put in a Swiss Miss no added sugar hot cocoa packet. At only 60 calories to black coffee which already has almost no calories...you don't even need a sweetner. It is perfect. I tried it this AM and LOVE it! Plus you get your chocolate fix.
    I'll have to try that! Thanks!!! :bigsmile:
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Can I recommend something as a complete alternate? I don't know what coffee you drink, but maybe try buying really good coffee? I'm amazed at the difference between generic (or DD or Starbucks) and a really good cup. I typically spend around $9-$11 per pound. I know that's a bit more expensive but, depending on type, I feel I don't even need to add sugar.

Good coffee is key!!
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    I think someone else above suggested the same thing- Do you think if it is really god coffee you may not need anything extra?

I recently had a medium roast coffee from Papa New Guinea at a local coffee that was French pressed and simply rich and delicious all on its own.

Well, yes I have, I usually buy Starbucks ( I know, most people think it's burnt tasting, but I love the aroma and taste of the stronger, darker coffees)...but I've tried different kinds...I ALWAYS grind my own, never use preground....and just use NJOY and a little splenda...I think though, the Torini looks awesome, I'll have to try it.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    they now have some of those flavors in sugar free
  • cleo1968
    Options
    I use DaVinci Gourmet Coffee Syrups. They have over 30 flavors. All sugar-free with 0 carbs and 0 cal. They do not charge too much for shipping either. Hope this helps.
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I buy flavored coffee and put fat free cream in it. Almost no calories.
  • abc21101
    abc21101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Use a french Press to make Coffee. It has much more flavor then brewed. You also want to use a great coffee, make sure it has been roasted in the past week. The stuff you get at star bucks and other places have been out for a while which causes the taste to not be as fresh. As for foldgers and its competitors use very bad beans (ex. broken, just shells, and other fillers)
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    Be a man and have it straight up, now that's coffee love, not cream love.
    I have my freshly brewed Starbucks straight up, no frills & venti sized. The rest is fluff.
    Yep, that'll whip you in shape. that and the rest of a good diet/exercise - of course.
    You can do it! Plus, no wait in line for anything, not even for those sissies mixing their "healthier" brown sugar in, other than getting your cup and a napkin. Even if it's and acquired taste you can do it. And stay with Starbucks, that's the real caffeine punch. No go place your order! ;)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Can I recommend something as a complete alternate? I don't know what coffee you drink, but maybe try buying really good coffee? I'm amazed at the difference between generic (or DD or Starbucks) and a really good cup. I typically spend around $9-$11 per pound. I know that's a bit more expensive but, depending on type, I feel I don't even need to add sugar.

I agree with this. Gourmet coffees are like fine wines. 5 times a year I get Limited Editions from Gevalia - I pay like $35 for two pounds for each season and Christmas (Papa New Guinea, Indonesian, Costa Rica Tarrazu). They are so good on their own that adding anything ruins the taste. When I don't have that I drink Starbucks Breakfast Blend and it just isn't the same. Oh and I only get whole bean and grind it right before brewing. The coffee like Folger's and Maxwell House is already stale before you open the can. (Even brewed coffee only retains it's true flavor for about 20 minutes).

I haven't used creamer in my coffee for years. And I've always thought the flavored creamers were gross. Didn't like the aftertaste that seemed to be the same no matter what flavor I tried. I tried the artificial sweeteners but most of them lose their sweetness when heated. So I drink it black.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those black coffee drinkers, I think freshly ground coffee beans have more than enough flavor on their own! As for the flavor, I have had the flavored Splenda packets in the past to make some bad coffee a bit more bearable, and they weren't too bad.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Flavored coffee and 1/2c. skim milk hot out of micro wave, splenda. Calories 45, we call it cafe letche. I used to have 120 calorie worth of carnation dry creamer until I realized the first indriediant is corn syrup no wonder it was hard to give up. Dont miss it any more since my coffee has a special name.
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Try Torini Sugar Free syrups in any flavor that is to your liking. I especially like the Caramel.
    I am having a hard time finding them!!!!
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Another idea I heard of recently if you like the frothy foam in your coffee and you use any type of creamer, milk, soy or almond is to buy a frother at of all places Walmart! It's under $10 and just adds some extra creaminess effect without adding the extra calories! I haven't used it but I'm considering it to cut down on my sugar free creamer. Good luck!
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Be a man and have it straight up, now that's coffee love, not cream love.
    I have my freshly brewed Starbucks straight up, no frills & venti sized. The rest is fluff.
    Yep, that'll whip you in shape. that and the rest of a good diet/exercise - of course.
    You can do it! Plus, no wait in line for anything, not even for those sissies mixing their "healthier" brown sugar in, other than getting your cup and a napkin. Even if it's and acquired taste you can do it. And stay with Starbucks, that's the real caffeine punch. No go place your order! ;)

lol thanks for pulling the "sissy boy wants flavored coffee" card, I didn't expect that one lol

Diet..check, exercise, check....and yeah I agree, Starbucks is good enough for me....I'd love to get the "real" stuff, but as much coffee as I take in, I'd go broke in no time, so that ain't gonna happen...I have black coffee from time to time, but hey, I like a little different flavor sometimes, so :)
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My mother in law uses sugar free syrups for flavor, there are some yummy ones out there. I should start doing that myself, I'm a coffee junkie
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the suggestions guys :) I forgot to mention that I've tried the sugar-free versions of the Coffeemates/International Delights, and they tasted fairly rancid lol Of course, I didn't try them all....I definitely will try the Torini though, never heard of that one!

I really love the skinny caramel and white chocolate mocha versions (with truvia in my coffee as well) have you tried those?
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think someone else above suggested the same thing- Do you think if it is really god coffee you may not need anything extra?

I recently had a medium roast coffee from Papa New Guinea at a local coffee that was French pressed and simply rich and delicious all on its own.

Well, yes I have, I usually buy Starbucks ( I know, most people think it's burnt tasting, but I love the aroma and taste of the stronger, darker coffees)...but I've tried different kinds...I ALWAYS grind my own, never use preground....and just use NJOY and a little splenda...I think though, the Torini looks awesome, I'll have to try it.

I like Starbucks, too! But when I drink Starbucks I usually add a shot of espresso to it so it tastes richer and then just a dash of Splenda. I can't do Starbucks plain- doesn't taste good enough to me. Have you tried Peet's coffee? Now THAT is strong coffee straight from the Bay Area. Delicious.