yeah for the school

Options
Our elementary school has a new program! It is a walking race. All the students participate during school and the ones who are able can at night. One night a week the community and school are invited to the school to walk for 2 hours. The class that gets the closest to 500 miles by the Christmas break get Tshirts and a traveling trophy. The best part is parents and other adults get to walk for the class of their choice.

I'm glad they started this. My kids have become to engrossed in the video games and TV. They are excited about this. Hopefully as a family we will all become more healthy. I've been using MFP for 2 monthes now as has my husband. We have both lost 15# but have much more to lose. Maybe if our kids see us working off the weight they will consider how they eat.

Anyway, I'm proud to be part of a school that does this!

Replies

• brownewell94
    brownewell94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Our elementary school has a new program! It is a walking race. All the students participate during school and the ones who are able can at night. One night a week the community and school are invited to the school to walk for 2 hours. The class that gets the closest to 500 miles by the Christmas break get Tshirts and a traveling trophy. The best part is parents and other adults get to walk for the class of their choice.

I'm glad they started this. My kids have become to engrossed in the video games and TV. They are excited about this. Hopefully as a family we will all become more healthy. I've been using MFP for 2 monthes now as has my husband. We have both lost 15# but have much more to lose. Maybe if our kids see us working off the weight they will consider how they eat.

Anyway, I'm proud to be part of a school that does this!
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    Wow...great idea! You guys have fun outdoors together!
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    sounds very sweet! a cool idea to pass on to my principal!:smile:
  • jump_start12
    Options
    That's an awesome thing to do for schools. The school my friend's mom works at has a runner's club and a lot of kids join that... but I feel like your school has a great idea because kids get so motivated when they are in class competitions! :smile: