What are your favorite Exercise DVD's t??

Kimmerz1
Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
HI, I was wondering what everyone's favorite exercise dvd's are???

Replies

• atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    I just tried this "Cameron Shayne - Budokon for Beginners" and liked it. Jillian Michaels has bunch of good workout DVDs.
  • I was doing "fit to firm" and i liked it a lot! What's good about it is there are 3 different levels for you to follow at all times, so all 3 girls are doing slightly different moves. So, if you need to be on easy for aerobic activities you can, but then maybe your moderate on some weights and maybe some exercises you want to do the hard level. It's also broken into 4 different segments, but they all seem to have a similar outline, so some abs, some cardio, some arm weights, some sort of squat or lunge.

I like to pop it in if I need a real motivational boost, usually, if I do it for 4 days in a row, my husband can tell a big difference.
  • debraae
    debraae Posts: 10 Member
    If you like to dance, I highly recommend the Zumba DVDs. The DVDs are a little pricey, however, the moves really work your core and it's great cardio. Plus, it's fun! :flowerforyou:
  • Azzrielish
    Azzrielish Posts: 44 Member
    I liked Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred because

1. its a short workout - about 30 minutes by the time you warm up and cool down
    2. Uncoordinated people like me can do it
    3. If you really put effort into it then the calorie burn for that short time is great

I'm now doing Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which is heaps longer but I do like it - dont get to do it as often though as I cant always find the time.

If you get bored doing the same thing over and over then this might not be for you, but if you are like me and it takes a while to learn moves then this is a great option.

Most importantly I dropped pounds and lost inches around my waist, thighs, hips and arms in just 30 days!
  • "_Pilates for Wimps" is a great one; hard work, but i do this one when i am just not up to the treadmill....great stretch!!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    The Walk Away the Pounds dvds from Leslie Sansone. These are gold. Not expensive either. Around $10 or $12 each on Amazon, and you can find them in stores, too. She's got a website, too. I think it's www.walkathome.com

I'm a bigger girl, so I am not ready for pilates or running, yet. These are perfect for me. I really work up the sweat! When I do the 2 mile, I burn about 425 calories. Today I added hand weights and burned 530. Whew! You can do these dvds right in your home, safe and warm, and if you get exhausted, your couch is right there and you're not miles from home. Four basic steps, not dancing is what the workout is all about. I've lost 43 pounds so far with a combination of MFP and WATP. My favorite one is a dvd where a 1, 2, 3, and 4 mile walk are on the dvd. It also comes with a free stretchie resistance band. I know I sound like a spokesperson, but really, I just love the dvds so much!! Good luck!!
  • TeresaJTuck
    TeresaJTuck Posts: 64 Member
    I LOVE Leslie Sansone, any of her DVD's. I also LOVE Exercise TV on my Time Warner Digital Cable TV.
    I also LOVE Richard Simmons.
    Teresa
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    carmen electra's strip tease.... hey, I liked it!
This discussion has been closed.