Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Yummy Granola Recipe from Hungry Girl

Ingredients

1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup puffed rice cereal
1/4 cup puffed wheat cereal
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar-free pancake syrup
1/2 cup bite-size freeze-dried apples
Serving suggestion: Fat-free vanilla yogurt and fresh berries

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, puffed rice, puffed wheat, and pancake syrup, stirring gently to coat the oats and cereal with the syrup.

Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray and spread the cereal mixture out on the pan.

Bake in the oven until crispy and lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes, rearranging mixture with a spatula halfway through.

Allow to cool completely, and then stir in the apples. Dig in!

PER SERVING (entire recipe, about 1 cup): 165 calories, 1.25g fat, 70mg sodium, 35.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 10g sugars, 4g protein

Replies

• wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Ha! You're watching The Cooking Channel right now, aren't you? Me, too! Can't wait to see how she turns KALE into a swap for chips?!?
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Ha! You're watching The Cooking Channel right now, aren't you? Me, too! Can't wait to see how she turns KALE into a swap for chips?!?

yes maam! I LOVE this show!! Her butternut squash fries are SOOO delicious!!
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    I saw hungry girl make this on her show one Saturday. I have not tried it yet. I have three of her shows taped until I get around to writing down her recipes. Best show to ever come on is Hungry Girl on the cooking channel.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    I love baked kale chips! My kids ask for them all the time!
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Christie, you have tried the butter nut squash? It looked good but I was not sure how it would taste. Now turning kale into chips? I don't think so. I don't like kale.lol
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Christie, you have tried the butter nut squash? It looked good but I was not sure how it would taste. Now turning kale into chips? I don't think so. I don't like kale.lol

Yes!! They are outstanding... fries are a weakness of mine and my daughter's and until I tried those, I was making sweet potato fries like crazy! Butternuts are always a pain to work with, but suuuuuuuuper yummy. I sprinkled mine with smoked paprika and a touch of chipotle chile powder. Fantastic!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Do the butternut squash fries ... um ... taste a lot like butternut squash? I'm not a huge fan, but I know that different cooking techniques can alter the flavor and texture of certain things.
  • I can't wait to try the granola recipe and the butternut squash fries. I just bought my first butternut squash and kale, ever. I had a taste of the fresh kale. Not so good. However.... baked is a whole different story! I cannot believe how good it came out. I tried various seasonings, too. I have a new love, and knowing it's good for you is a wonderful bonus!
  • lhiatt
    lhiatt Posts: 21
    I finally caught up with Hungry Girl's episodes on my DVR and had to look up the granola recipe! Thanks for posting! I went out and got the stuff for that, the Kale chips AND squash fries. The jury is still out on the Kale Chips. They seemed bitter to me...but I think I overcooked it a little, I'll try it one more time. Dying for granola though, I hope its good! Thanks for posting it!