Suggestions on post workout snacks/meals...

Options
I need ideas and suggestions of good post workout snacks/meals that aren't high in sugar and sodium but maybe have higher protein. I already have a hard time with keeping those two low daily it seems! HELP!!

Replies

• enygmatic1
    enygmatic1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Non Fat Greek Yogurt is awesome....low sodium, high protein and if you have a Trader Joe's in your area the Trader Joe's Fat Free brand has fruit mixed in already with no added sugar or mix in fresh berries yourself...I actually do a protein shake post workout to help recoup my muscle strain...
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Protein...get a good mix. They don't tast bad and will offer you what you need in that power hour.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I use Bluebonnet soy protein shake powder. It's all natural, non-gmo and doesn't use artificial sweeteners. It tastes pretty good too! Protein shakes have broken down proteins so they don't need to be digested, just absorbed. The protein gets to your muscles quickly so they begin to repair themselves faster. That means less soreness, faster recovery time and increased strength quicker.
  • imom2kne
    Options
    :drinker:
    If you want to help build muscle as your body rests and repairs, you definitely need sugar and protein. I measure out 1oz of natural almonds and 1oz of raisins into snack-sized ziploc bags. Very portable, not a ton of calories and you get sugar, protein and fiber!
  • dux1fan
    dux1fan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I will eat a complex carb and some protein. Half of a whole wheat english muffin and a hard boiled egg. Or if you just want a snack, I would eat protein. Hope it helps. Good luck.