Help!!!

Options
Ok, so I have been on my diet for 3 weeks and my husband decided to bring donuts home. Do you guys allow yourself a treat like this every once in awhile?? Please let me know what you guys do. Thanks for the help!!

Replies

• Charrisse
    Options
    mine made choc chip cookies last night. somehow i resisted! pms and all... though i did wanna kill him for that lol
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If your calories allow for it, then have it! This shouldn't be a "diet", this should be a lifestyle change & you can't live your entire life without ever eating a donut again! It's all about portion control :-)
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    I allow myself the treat ... stick to ONE ... and make sure you account for it ... log it ... and EXERCISE!!

Don't beat yourself up if you give in.

Good luck!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I do. I love a lemon filled long john with chocolate icing every now and then. Stick to the one and log it and do some extra exercise.

If I could not have the occasional treat I would pry just curl up and cry:sad:
  • terim3006
    terim3006 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is better for me to allow myself regular little treats than to totally abstain. Personally, I need chocolate every once in a while when it has been one of those days. So, I buy a bag and give it to my husband and ask him to keep it in the armory (his loading room). Sometimes after supper I will say we need chocolate. I know how much a serving is and I figure it into my daily calorie intake. If you can eat one donut (or even half a one), count it, and it will satisfy your sweet craving then great. But if it causes you to want more and binge then leave it alone and kindly ask for his support.
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The word diet starts with DIE. We don't want to die, do we? This is all about a lifestyle change. Have the donnut, but be responsible. Just remember, we are human and don't always have to eat celery sticks and carrots. Enjoy ife because we arn't here for very long.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    yes. if i don't treat myself, i end up eating EVERYTHING in sight.