Breakfast suggestions

Options

Replies

• KimKelly65
    Options
    I had a multigrain, high fiber bagel (low cal), 1 hard boiled egg, with laughing cow cheese. Just enough as I am not a big early morning eater, and I got protein and fiber. Its quick to put together at work, if you have a toaster.:smile:
  • benitocereno
    benitocereno Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have an egg (over-hard, yolk broken) on a piece of toast with salt and pepper :smile:. Tastes great and keeps me full!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I've been having a hard-boiled egg, sometimes two, with a cup of coffee. Then around midmorning I have a glass of V8. The protein from the eggs keeps me full, and the V8 gives me a little boost around mid-morning when I typically start to lose energy.
  • LisaSaysHi
    LisaSaysHi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Another go to breakfast for me:

2 frozen waffles (I like Kellogg's Nutrigrain whole grain low-fat waffles)
    2 turkey sausage patties (I buy the Banquet frozen microwavable kind)
    2 tbsp maple syrup (the real all-natural stuff, not maple flavored syrup)

This is 335 calories, but you can round out with a serving of fruit and/or skim milk if you need more calories. This breakfast is easy to make with a toaster and microwave in under 5 minutes and it keeps me full all morning. These are non-perishable staples that you can keep on hand all the time. Great when you're craving something sweet in the morning!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    just tried this the other day and liked it, cous cous with berries and yogurt. I know it sounded weird to me too :laugh:
  • carolyng66
    carolyng66 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had a homemade smoothie today. 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup oats, 1tsp wheat germ, 1/2 cup berries, 1 banana, 1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogart, 5 strawberries, two table spoons Grapenuts (mostly for texture) and crushed ice in a blender. Great tasting and fills me up and I can take it to go. It's about 475 calories. Stay away from smoothie places, they squirt surgary syrup into theirs. I sometimes will add a kiwi, sliced apple or peach.
  • coachgaines
    Options
    I am a teacher and have to be at work by 7:30 which makes my morning a very early one so I try to eat a healthy breakfast on the run. My lunch hour begins at 11:15 so I need something to tide me over for about 4 hours. I eat a Clif bar and a banana and I stay full almost all morning. Another good option is Chobani greek yogurt (priced very well at wholesale stores like Costco) or oatmeal. These are quick and can even be eaten in the car or once you get to work.
  • coachgaines
    Options
    I had a homemade smoothie today. 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup oats, 1tsp wheat germ, 1/2 cup berries, 1 banana, 1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogart, 5 strawberries, two table spoons Grapenuts (mostly for texture) and crushed ice in a blender. Great tasting and fills me up and I can take it to go. It's about 475 calories. Stay away from smoothie places, they squirt surgary syrup into theirs. I sometimes will add a kiwi, sliced apple or peach.

I will add GNC's brand of vanilla shake mix to milk, ice, and a banana....it tastes like birthday cake remix ice cream from Coldstone!
  • Aperyan83
    Aperyan83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    stick of cheese
    whole grain crackers
    1/2 cup of fruit

slice of ham on bread
    mandarin

cold cereal like Special K with low fat milk and fruits

i like to eat a banana and dip it in dry oatmeal :)

PB sandwich
    1/2 apple

Bagel
    Cream cheese
    fruit

You should have one complex carb, a fruit, and a protein.
  • adamstc88
    adamstc88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Quaker instant grits and a hard boiled egg. That is my go to breakfast.
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I love chobani greek yogurt, it's got a ton of protein and keeps me full. Sometimes I have it just the way it is, sometimes I add fruit to it. I love the raspberry and the pineapple, but the other flavors are good too.

Sometimes I'll have toast with peanut butter and some fruit on the side or Special K red berries is another favorite.

The yogurt is really my best option because I don't get hungry like I do when I eat cereal or toast for breakfast.
  • Janice0817
    Options
    English muffin, slice of cheese, and spray butter. Yum!
  • carissaxoxo
    carissaxoxo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is filling and really easy. I eat a tablespoon of natural peanut butter, a medium size banana & a glass of 1% milk. Soo good! If you have time it's really good to melt the peanut butter in a little bowl and dunk the banana. It makes it feel like a treat also :)
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love the Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax Cereal - that keeps me really full
    Also Golden Corn Vitatops or Van's Lite Waffles with some PB&J are always tasty.

For a hot breakfast, sometimes I will make myself 2 egg whites on a toasted whole wheat English muffin, mash up 1/4 cup of black beans with 1 tbsp of salsa and spread that on the muffin, top with the egg, and sprinkle a few tablespoons of 2% shredded cheese.

I use this nifty little thing to cook my eggs: http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Microwave-Muffin-Breakfast/dp/B001B2MRSE/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_0

You can absolutely make that the night before and then heat it up in the microwave or better yet a convection or toaster oven.
  • EzraCCM
    Options
    Great breakfast ideas!
    My go-to breakfasts are
    1) Quaker oatmeal with 2 TBS raisins OR 1 TBS peanut butter (good pre-run breakfast, i think... keeps me full + has protein!)
    2) Light English muffin with 2 egg whites plus 1 TBS salsa and low fat cheese (like a healthy breakfast sandwich!)
    3) Greek yogurt (my favorite is Cabot, but i like chobani too) with 1/8 cup granola.

and i always have coffee in the morning :)
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I thought of another great breakfast option, quiche!

I don't really follow a recipe, usually just kind of wing it, but I do part with whole eggs and part just egg whites, to cut down on cholesterol, and I throw in some cheese, veggies, maybe ham if I have it. I usually use a crust, but I'm going to try making one with no crust for less calories, although it's not usually too bad in calories anyway.

Whenever I make it, it's perfect in the morning to just throw in the microwave for a minute and then you have a protein filled breakfast to keep you full.
  • sandi50lock
    sandi50lock Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Jimmy dean makes a breakfast that is 230 cal and it is 2 turkey sausage links and 2 french toast sticks and it is and it keeps me full until lunch
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1 egg in a low carb tortilla with some cheese and salsa, or on an english muffin, something that I can eat in the car. When I get to work I have an orange or a banana. Some days I'll make a cup of Quaker quick oats and add a little bit of sugar free syrup and eat it when I get to work. Both are definitely filling.

Tonight we had whole wheat pancakes for dinner, so I'll have one for breakfast tomorrow with some blueberries and a banana and that will hold me over until my 'snack'.

I'll do some Kashi or Cheerios and fruit on the weekends or a cup of Fage Greek yogurt with some fruit mixed in.

I love some of the other ideas!
  • loriefolk
    Options
    I make sure my breakfasts are a minimum of 300 cals each morning. Heck, you could even push it up to 500 depending on your daily calorie needs. Make sure you grab up some healthy fats, protein and filling carbs :) Don't be afraid to eat breakfast, it's what will really make any healthy diet a success!
  • Jenn3073
    Jenn3073 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find breakfast to be hard as well, so here are some of my options...

In a bowl combine 1/2C old fashioned oats, 1/2C almond milk, 1Tbls almond butter and 1tsp honey. Microwave for 1min, stir add more almond milk and microwave for another minute. Cals 318

Ezekiel English Muffin, 1Tbls I cant believe it's not butter light, and 3 hardboiled eggs (whites only) Cals 231

Blend 1 scoop chocolate muscle milk light power, 1Tbls natural peanut butter, ice, water and a banana Cals 298

Lastly, I just LOVE the Power Sandwich from Panera Cals 330