The Zumba Crew - February

Options

Replies

• jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumbaholic! I have the dvds and do them at home at least four days a week. Still looking for a class in my new town! I'm 34, mom of a ten year old! I absolutely hate mushrooms and honey!
  • chandra303
    Options
    My name is Chandra and I am a Zumbaholic. I go to class at least 3-4 times a week. And go to Zumba parties at least 2 times a month. I have Zumba for the X-Box connect and I prefer to go to the classes. I burn double the calories at the gym. I am looking into getting certified to be an instructor but have to wait until they come back to Colorado again or travel to another state. I do not like Brussel Sprouts.
  • jrm39
    jrm39 Posts: 29
    Options
    haven't gotten my zumba dvds yet, but they're ordered, so i'll just jump on in!

my name is jessica (though i go by jess), i'm 18, a senior in high school, and i hate spinach! and brussel sprouts.

when i do get the zumba dvds, i'll be doing it at home 7 days a week! very excited. :)
  • valucarelli
    valucarelli Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Valerie, 36 with 3 kids. I started Zumba about 2 weeks ago on the Wii. I love it! Very fun!! I've not been to a class, just the Wii game. Is it similar to a class?
  • Flick73
    Options
    Hi
    I'm Kelly.I hate oatmeal, but love Zumba so much I get up early on Saturday mornings to be the first one at my gym so I can get in the front row.Love bellydancing too - but there's no exercise I've found better than Zumba.
    Does anyone else hear the music in their heads while they're at work?
  • dward843
    Options
    Hi, my name is Dora and I hate asparagus. I'm going to try to do Zumba every day this month....but if I miss a day or two I'm not going to sweat it. Let's Go Team Zumba!!!!!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Hi! My name is Allison and I just took my second zumba class this evening - I have no rhythm but it's such a great, fun workout! I've gotten my roommate and several gym buddies to hit it with me, and one of my friends is the instructor, which makes it even better.

I really hate olives and mushrooms.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    boiled peanuts....yuck!

but mostly, I eat almost anything:tongue:

Zumbaroonie here!:laugh:
  • pcfleeman
    Options
    Hi I'm Patti! Fairly new mother. Started Zumba in August 6 weeks after C-section- regretably took Thanksgiving to New Yars off. I'm back to as many classes I can fit into my schedule each week. I'm down 22 pounds total since I started- 9 since I joined MFP. I find myself randomly Zumba-ing all of the time.
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    To all mfps i'm known as BJ. I do not allow beets in the house. A adore Zumba. Stress out when I miss a class.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Zumba is my new favorite thing! I have no rythym and still miss a few steps but it's so darn fun I don't care! I'd love to get the wii game and would go to class every day if I could! I detest bananas.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    What do you experienced zumba veterans like best about your classes? What do you think of your instructors?
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    What do you experienced zumba veterans like best about your classes? What do you think of your instructors?

Don't know if I qualify as a veteran, but after two years of Zumba the best thing about class has to be the amazing smiles :happy: goofy as we seem to those peeking in the windows, we're having a blast!

We're up to our 4th instructor, the first little gal was all that and much more... miss her lots, she was a professional dancer (figures) and had much larger horizons.
    As for the lastest instructor, she's as authentic as they can possibly come...Amazing! Works our butts off! She dropped 50lbs after her baby was born dancing to those Latin rhythms :tongue: Took her all of 5 months, she's as beautiful inside as she is outside. Love her :happy:

Now that I think about it, what I like best about my Zumba classes has to be how awesome I feel...it's the greatest motivator I've ever had exercising.
  • Shar6819
    Shar6819 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sharlet

I'm a wife and mother of a 10 year, I too love Zumba! I take Zumba classes at the YMCA but how do we add it under exercise, I don't see it listed?
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    That's how I feel about our class too, mj. We are so silly and that's what makes it so much fun.

The teacher that inspired me to become an instructor was very fitness oriented and also was a personal trainer. She was so energetic and bubbly but also had a lot of good health and diet information too.

I think it is also important for an instructor to have a good sense of rhythm too, if you guys have ever taken a class from someone who doesn't have very good rhythm, you will know what I mean.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Keisha I have a teen and a toddler....I live in the Caribbean and I lovee Zumba....
    I got the DVDs as an early Christmas present and I love them...my favourite is the Cardio Live workout...
    Need to ramp up the exercise for February...I have 37 pounds to go and summer will soon be here
  • anmitche
    Options
    I'm Amy, and I've been doing Zumba off and on since last May. I have the DVD's, have tried the Wii game, but I love the live classes! I go to two on Mondays (one toning) and two on Tuesdays. On other days, I do the Gold's Gym Cardio Dance game, which is Zumba-inspired. I'm a very picky eater, and there is more I don't like than I do!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Hands down, I love how much fun we have. When you've been going long enough, you start to become familiar with the other regulars and it's almost as if we're going out dancing! LOL I love 3 out of the 7 instructors who teach Zumba. My favorite instructor, Michelle, hands-down is a just a doll and I love her so much. She has made music CDs for me when she knew I was going away on vacation so that I could continue to move my body while away.
  • AutumnRae4809
    Options
    Heya Everyone!

My name is Autumn. I'm 27 (28 on Feb 28th)!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba! In fact, I am getting trained to be an INSTRUCTOR!!!! Yaaaaay!!! I'm so excited about that!!! The all day basics training is March 18th!!! It's gonna be AWESOME! :bigsmile:

I like most foods, LOL. But me and beets...uh-hu, no way. Ewe!

So glad to be part of MFP!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • chiccaroline
    chiccaroline Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Caroline, I live in London, England and I hate offal.

Tonight's class was brilliant, we learned a new merengue routine. I'm almost sad that I can't go to tomorrow night's class as I'm going out with some friends!