Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm so far off track! Been stuffing my face and paying no attention to calories. It ends now.
  • bellydancerj9
    bellydancerj9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think my initial 'woohoo it's the new year, I'm going to seriously lose weight' enthusiasm is starting to fade. I'm still losing but not as much as I could be. Finding it easier and easier to make excuses not to exercise and somehow making it ok to cheat on my eating.

I feel the same way
    But besides my lack effort, the chart is looking good. Good job ladies!!! and thanks again, Rach for doing this
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    Mmmmm Spanakopita for breakfast.
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    Hi ladies!!

Just wanted to check in quick. I announced my big "plan" yesterday, but never actually made any goals.

1. Drink more water. Get at least my 8 glasses a day, if not more
    2. Only eat out ONCE this week. Cook as much as possible (so far so good!!)
    3. Exercise according to "The PLAN!" :D (also so far so good!)

Last night I did the first day of the C25k and I thought I was going to die or fall off the treadmill. OMG! I was really sore from the Shred workout I did on Monday and my legs were on FIRE!! So, I bailed on the very last set of jog/walk, but I did the rest of it. And I was proud of myself!!

So, workouts so far this week:
    Monday - Shred Level 1
    Tuesday - C25k Wk1 Day 1
    Wednesday - Shred Level 1

Keep up the fantastic work everyone!!!

Oh!! And I forgot to add! I finally gave in this morning and took my very first "BEFORE" pic. Ugh. What a wake up call!!
  • Krissi61
    Options
    Hi, I'm one of those that weighed in late. I'm at 254 now.

My goal are (1) to increase my water intake., (2) pay attention to what's going in my mouth, (3) move my butt more.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    6 months ago today... I got my butt on the elliptical and decided to finally, truly make a change. 6 months later... I'm down about 35 lbs... eating better... and exercising 5-6 days a week. I can feel that I'm stronger... and I'm down about 1.5 (HA!) pants sizes. Can't wait to see where I am in another 6 months!!!

How am I celebra...ting? Spending my snow day in bed... with my sore hamstrings :)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I'm super upset :( I GAINED last week. Its the week I usually bloat because of TOM, but the scale said I gained 4.2lbs and I don't understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So many things can cause that type of weight gain. Last week I was up 5lbs because I increased my workouts, additional water wait, maybe even a BM but when I weighed in on Monday I was back down those 5 plus an extra 1. Don't stress unless you honestly think you ate an addtional 14,700 calories last week.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Franky- Spanakopita for any meal is a happy thing.

AMC- That is a fantastic post. I love that you're still at it after 6 mo. And sometime laying in bed with your sore muscles is just necessary. :happy:

So I have a third of my workouts for the week done. I ran and did abs this morning and I'm gonna lift tonight.

How is everyone else doing??
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello Beautiful Pin-Ups

As some of you may know I have embarked on a 9 week TRX training session at my gym as well as doing the Rock Hard Challenge at home with my boyfriend and running 3 times a week.

My body is changing and I can see it and feel it.

I have just committed to a one month scale free challenge so I am going to take a step away from the pin-up challenge for the month of February and not weigh again until March 1.

I know this is going to be a real challenge but I am going to give it a try.

I wish you all the best this month and I hope there will always be a spot for me here with you lovely ladies.

All the best

*hugs*
    Karen
  • Helinah26
    Options
    does bad luck come with getting the word mom and a pretty design on your left foot and dad and a pretty design on your right foot? tattooed?i sure hope not cause my design i came up with is so pretty i really wanted to do that for my next two tatts!:P
  • RachVR6
    Options
    does bad luck come with getting the word mom and a pretty design on your left foot and dad and a pretty design on your right foot? tattooed?i sure hope not cause my design i came up with is so pretty i really wanted to do that for my next two tatts!:P

Why would that be bad luck?? Sounds lovely. I have orange lilies on both my feet. :flowerforyou:
  • Helinah26
    Options
    my mom was thinking it would be bad luck to get the words and i told her im very excited to get it done and very fine with getting the tats done and it isnt bad luck.:) she loves the designs she just thinks that getting names tattooed leads to bad luck lol.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    1. At least 5 days of working out. On day 3 so far!
    2. Drink more water.
    3. Don't beat myself up over the scale.
    4. Just work hard.

I figured it out and I could be in One-derland by Easter if I try hard! :)
  • wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good job this week ladies! I like the goals. I find it such a good thing that we weigh in on Monday's because it keeps me from letting go completely over the weekend. Such a good thing!

Great job on the chart Rach! Thank you!
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Hello Beautiful Pin-Ups

As some of you may know I have embarked on a 9 week TRX training session at my gym as well as doing the Rock Hard Challenge at home with my boyfriend and running 3 times a week.

My body is changing and I can see it and feel it.

I have just committed to a one month scale free challenge so I am going to take a step away from the pin-up challenge for the month of February and not weigh again until March 1.

I know this is going to be a real challenge but I am going to give it a try.

I wish you all the best this month and I hope there will always be a spot for me here with you lovely ladies.

All the best

*hugs*
    Karen

Awe, Karen, I'll miss you! You'll still be around MFP though right? You're such a great motivator!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Cruddy cruddy week. Hmpf.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Cruddy cruddy week. Hmpf.

This reminds me of a quote from "how I meet your mother": "Whenever I start to get sick, I stop and start being awesome instead." It makes me giggle every time.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Does anyone else struggle to drink their water when it's cold out?
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options

Yeah Rach, I do. Usually it comes down to the end of the day and I have to down 3 cups.

Hey Everyone! If you have 30 seconds to spare, please vote for me and Garrett to win this wedding contest. We really need the help! http://www.ultimateweddingcontest.com/entry/97449 (copy and paste this into your browser to go to our page. Thanks!! )
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I have a Brita filteration pitcher on my desk at work. It keeps my water at room temperature plus it is easily accessable. It helps a lot. Not to mention the water here tastes AWFUL!!