I'm so Confused. =(

Options
Hi everyone! This is my first week starting a diet (as in, eating healthier and exercising) and I am confused! =(

I measured myself and I was hoping you lot could give me some points as towards a direction I should take.

My food diary thing should be open, if you'd like to take a peek at that.

Weight: 144
Height: 5 foot 6
Neck: 11 inches
Waist: 27 inches
Hips: 36 inches

I had to convert from Cm to Inches so my calculations may be off a little bit in the N/W/H area.

I think I get the whole Net Calories thing but am not 100% sure (still reading the forums!).

I am a part time nanny and in the winter, I am not allowed to take my charge out for a walk in her stroller so most of my exercising can only happen when I am not nannying (varies week to week). During those days that I have to come home in the afternoon, I want to work on my strength training as well as use the Wii Fit.

Any advice? This is the first time I've taken this seriously and honestly, I don't know where to start!

Edit to add:

This is so important and I forgot to add it!

I want to go down to at least 125 lbs and maintain that weight while I work on loosing fat in my stomach, thighs and hips (love handles).

Replies

• jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of DVDs at home. Depending on how old your 'charge' is and whether they nap, you could do it during that time? I'm a mum of 3 so I know its hard to fit in. I often work out once they've gone to bed.

Wii Fit is ok, but in my opinion it's not much of a workout. You need to get some cardio in if you really want to burn fat. Keep searching this forum for good DVD guides and there is always the gym!
  • mjd1980
    Options
    try jillian michaels 30 day shred - its 20 minute workouts but really good.... and easy to fit in
  • squidgely
    squidgely Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just got to say that I use the Wii fit too. I have two children under 2 and fitting in exercise would be hard if I didn't use the Wii fit as they are always with me.
    It may not be the most efficient workout in the world, but it works for time-poor people like me.
    I basically watch what I eat and try and stay within the calories calculated on myfitnesspal and I use the Wii fit daily. I aim to burn around 200 calories (I usually run and do hula hoop workouts with a few muscles workouts at the end). This takes me about 45 mins in all, any more and my 21 month old daughter is jumping around at my feet wanting to be picked up!
    I had two stone to lose since the birth of my son 7 months ago. I have been doing this for 4 weeks and I have lost 9 pounds as of today! (4 pounds first week, 3 the next, and 1 for each of the last 2 weeks).
    I am very pleased with my steady progress and if it wasn't for the Wii fit I would be still struggling to fit in exercise.

Hope this helps. Do what you can. Other than the Wii fit I take my children out for a short walk almost every day (maybe 30 mins).

:smile: