P90X Starting Tomorrow....have a few questions...

Options
I am starting the P90X tomorrow, and was wanting to know how many of you seasoned P90Xers follow the nutrition plan. Does anyone have any before and after pictures they are willing to post from day 1 to 90? Also, how hard is it to stay commited and motivated to complete the full 90 day program?

Replies

• midgetrapper
    midgetrapper Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    the only thing i can tell you is that every person i know that tried it, quit within 1 month...
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i start my last week of it tommorow. i have a couple pics in my profile of where i started and a couple weeks ago. i'll do a before and after when done. so far i've lost21 lbs and i did not follow their plan.i just try to eat healthy and stay under my calories. i do believe people who have followed the plan have had even better results but its just not feasible for me to follow their plan.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X before, but didn't have a solid healthy nutrition plan nor did I follow the one provided. I saw muscular and performance results, but it would have been much better if I followed a healthy eating lifestyle. I firmly believe that if I did it now, it would be a dramatic improvement.

The motivation to stay committed [to anything] isn't hard. Your own personal ability to keep going is what should be the driving force behind commitment. Though, Tony Horton does an excellent job at keeping you engaged, IMO. It was enjoyable for me and my brother to keep coming back for more.

To quote Tony when you do the Ab Ripper X section, "I hate it...but I love it!" That's pretty much how you'll feel.
  • KatieWunder
    Options
    A friend and my husband and I did the full 90 days. We really enjoyed it (as much as you can enjoy working out so hard). We did lean so not as crazy as the full. We started out following the nutrition plan but tweaked it some. We could have been much more religious about nutrition and I am sure would have seen much better results.

You'll do great. Good luck and have fun!
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey I started a week ago with my husband. I can say that for my husband it has been more difficult because men usually need more calories than woman. But he has stayed strong and he has already lost 10 to 13 pounds. For me it was dificult the first few days but know I can keep up with it. Good luck! Its not as bad as it looks!
  • jenikkinicole
    Options
    I had started it with my husband about a month ago. Although, I'm no longer doing it due to schedule conflicts and such, it really is a great workout. The first week is insanely hard, but once your body gets warmed up to it, the rest makes you feel good to accomplish it. I did not follow the nutrition plan at all. So, my results were much less than what they could have been. There was just no way I could eat or even cook have of what they had listed on the plan, lol.

It is an amazing work out though, and super fun. :))
  • pchann
    pchann Posts: 84
    Options
    I've done the P90x twice and just started the P90x Plus yesterday. I'm at 185 lbs now which is down from 240 when I started 10 months ago. The P90x workouts are just as hard today as day one. I LOOOVE it!! The important thing is you have to eat. These workouts are some butt kickers. I eat a lot of food. The secret is eating the right foods. I have a simple basic rule to my diet. If it has a label don't eat it. I don't stick to that rule on everything but I'm getting better. I'm in the best shape of my life and I look forward to my next workout. My advice is listen to your body. Feed it good food and a lot of it. Get a quality pair of sneakers. I prefer Asics. Go to Wal-mart or something and use the Dr. Scholls machine to determine your arch and if you need an insert. Get a quality heart monitor that tracks k-calories burned during a workout. I use the Polar FT40. Get a good body composition scale. I use the Omron HBF 516. Have fun click play and get ready to feel like a kid again.
  • SuzieStone
    Options
    All of your responses are very encouraging. I am thinking that I don't want to follow the P90X nutrition plan, as I do not have time to cook and meal plan, so I plan on eating healthy....which for me is not much of a problem except for those damn Starbucks hot mochas! I MUST stay away from those. I need to sit down for a minute today and figure out how many calories I should have a day at this point. I take some before pictures and measurements tonight and post them tomorrow, which will help hold me accountable to myself. My weigt this morning was 139.0, so lets see what happens!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on week 2. First week was tough and we were sore, but it's getting better. This is only day 3 of week 2 but we both can tell it's making a difference! Can't wait to see the end result! Good luck to you!!
  • cmarsh1
    cmarsh1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4 and I am counting my calories, eating better, and trying to increase my protein. I have not lost alot but feel better. The first week is hard, just get through it and it will get easier. I am now starting to enjoy doing it everyday!
  • SuzieStone
    Options
    Uh Oh....I just realized after reading the guide that I need to take a fitness test a day before I start the program...so I will do that tonight and start the program tomorrow.