Want to go totally animal free:)

Options
2»

Replies

• Alleghany
    Options
    Good for you! Do your homework and go at your own pace...otherwise, you'll get too frustrated. Check out recipes w/nutritional yeast to get B12 in your diet or take a B12 supplement. The longer you do it, the easier it gets and the more you realize life without cheese isn't so bad and in fact your body will thank you. Good luck!
  • RUNMLT
    RUNMLT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    shoot....technicalties !!!!
  • RUNMLT
    RUNMLT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm sorta a vegan....i only eat animals that are vegans....does that count ?

Ha ha!

Actually that still means you aren't eating meat. Since all mammals nurse, they aren't vegan ;)
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I second skinny B*itch it is a good read. I am a vegetarian 8 years and could not go back.

Best of luck.

Oh count fanta orange and lilt off the list they contain fish oil..yuk
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    I'm sorta a vegan....i only eat animals that are vegans....does that count ?

So no fish then?
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    Also, personally I'm designed as an omnivore, so I'm still eating meat of one kind or another.
  • aesoprok
    Options
    You should read "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer.

http://www.eatinganimals.com/site/book/

Acquaint yourself with as many different vegetables, fruits, legumes, grains, nuts, and seeds as possible and you should do just fine.
    Feel free to send me a message with any questions you might have and I'll try my best to help out. :wink:
    I loved that book, it is full of great reasons why we should adopt a meat - free diet. I was bothered by the fact that the author makes hardly any reference to veganism. I assume he is not one, but for reasons he wrote about, veganism seems the natural and right path to choose, though starting out vegetarian makes sense.