Help me pick a swimsuit!

Options
Aright - I'm nervous about doing this, but what the heck! We're going on a cruise in a few days and I needed to buy a new swim suit...I went to the store, start trying them on, and came up with three that I liked. I brought them home to get my husbands opinion on his favorite, but, thought I'd ask you all too.

My biggest body issue at this point in time (embarrasing to admit and talk about...) but my left "girl" is much bigger than my right "girl". That's my hardest issue with a swim suit. Even with an insert on the right, it still looks uneven.

So here are my three. Pick your favorite for me, please! And, if you think I have no right to be wearing a two piece, that's fine too - tell me and maybe I'll go back to my "mommy suit."

Thanks! (Oh, and sorry about the pics - it's hard to take pictures of yourself in a mirror, lol)

#1: IMG_2286.jpg
IMG_2305.jpg

#2: IMG_2296.jpg
IMG_2300-2.jpg
]
#3: IMG_2289.jpg
IMG_2294.jpg

Replies

• Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Im not seeing pics and I couldnt get the links to work :(
  • Crossfire77
    Crossfire77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like the 3rd one, the polka dot, the best. I think the skinnier sides on the bottoms is actually more flattering. Have fun!
  • cohollywood
    Options
    I can't see any of the pictures either - so I keep trying each of the different posting methos from Photobucket....which one should I be using? lol! sorry - I'm new at this!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I like the 3rd one, the polka dot, the best. I think the skinner sides on the bottoms is actually more flattering. Have fun!

I agree, I would go with this one, quite flattering.:happy:
  • msjohnston
    msjohnston Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your link took me to Photo Bucket, but the site requires a email address and password to enter, then there is the problem of finding your pictures. Sorry, have fun on your cruise.
  • msjohnston
    msjohnston Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your link took me to Photo Bucket, but the site requires a email address and password to enter, then there is the problem of finding your pictures. Sorry, have fun on your cruise.
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Hi there - take out the capitol letters and replace them with lower case. I personally like the blue one with the striped bottom.
  • alyciaengel
    alyciaengel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I totally love the polka dot one!!!

You can get to the album here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v284/azhollywood/
  • klycobb
    Options
    The polka dot one!
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I like the 3rd one, the polka dot, the best. I think the skinner sides on the bottoms is actually more flattering. Have fun!

I agree, I would go with this one, quite flattering.:happy:

I like that one too...:smile:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I like #2 and #3 but would go with #3 for a cruise and for your age (24). I think polka-dots look silly for those 30 and above (2 more years to wear mine then, lol!) so get in something fun while you can, ha!

Didn’t notice a difference in the girls size in the polka-dot one either. The other 2 had same style tops so you could see one drifting to the centre more than the other.

Lastly I ONLY wear side-tie bikini bottoms, elongates your torso (I'm all legs) and cuts in less, makes you look thinner. Just don’t wear it in a water park or you'll loose them on a slide. :blushing:
  • shannonbennett
    Options
    definitely the polka dot one!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I like the first one best
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Polka dots, definitely!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Polka dots :) HAVE FUN!!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    oops didn't mean to post again
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I like both the first and the third, I would stay away from the 2nd

I think that both the first and third are perfectly fine and you look awesome in both, but if you reeally conserned about this difference in size of your girls i would consider tops like these:

I think the ruffles would help:
    http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=520063&CategoryID=8699#fn=sp=1&spc=289

I think the structure of this top would make it easier to make them even.
    http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=520038&CategoryID=8699#fn=sp=1&spc=289

but really I wouldnt have noticed at all if you had not said something, and even then it wasnt very noticable.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    AWW! THE POLKA DOTS!
  • cohollywood
    Options
    Well -- looks like the polka dots have the majority! Thanks everyone!! I appreciate your feedback. I like the polka dot one too as it means I only have to go to one store to do my returns AND its reversable and has stripes on the other side. Two in one!
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Another vote for #3