Found this thru a weight loss contest

Options
I've never wanted to journal, but perhaps this will be a little easier. Perhaps it'll hold me more accountable, Lord knows I'm not willing to do it on my own
Will be 50 in August and I don't want to have the body to prove it!

Replies

• pjclaw53
    pjclaw53 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 57 years old and i have lost over 110 lbs since the middle of July. I have written down everything I have eaten during that time frame and I feel it was a big help. At first it might seem like a pain, but it keeps you on top of what you eat and probably will keep you from some things you shouldn't. Give it a try and good luck as you start your journey.
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    I was told by my doctor & my professor in Nutrition and Foods that having a journal is both your best friend and your worst critic. 2 years later I have found that to be true.....Today on MFP has helped me to understand where I am at all times w/ my calorie intake . Also helps me to be true to myself..............:glasses:
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I also hate the thought of journaling - not the diet log part, but blogging. But - I've been trying (and failing) to take this weight off for years now, and I need to tackle it from a different direction, since my preferred method doesn't work. So - I'm also trying the 'community' thing, even though it is hard to be open about myself.