I'm a jumbo

Options
dkell
dkell Posts: 408 Member
I feel tierd all the time. I have lost weight before but it always comes back. My daughter is getting married and I don't want her to be ashamed of me.

Replies

• dkell
    Options
    I feel tierd all the time. I have lost weight before but it always comes back. My daughter is getting married and I don't want her to be ashamed of me.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this site. It has been a lifesaver for me. First of all. Your daughters wedding will be such a happy time in her life I bet she wont even be thinking of your weight. Not to be mean but you will probably be one of the last thoughts in her mind on that day. I have only been here for 3 weeks now and I am so glad I found it. There is people on here who will teach you how to eat better. Just take their advice and if you need to just change one thing at a time then so be it. Just go at your own pace. Not only will you eventually lose weight but you will be healthier and if you change your lifestyle then you will be able to keep it off. I have a ton of weight to lose and I am going to do it.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • melissa73
    Options
    Welcome. Welcome Welcome.... Everybody here helps each other... The support and information shared with all us MFPers is amazing... Good luck...

Also check out this awesome post.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

I look at it as a life change not a diet... Melissa
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    It's my mom!!! Hi Mom!!! :flowerforyou: Mom, first of all I'd never be ashamed of you. You're beautiful as it is. Second of all, I'm glad you took my advice and checked this place out. You'll get lots of support. The ONLY reason I mentioned this site to you....is not because I am ashamed of you, but because I want you to be healthy, happy with yourself, and feel better. I'd like to keep ya around for a while...:flowerforyou: :heart: You'll get lots of support here and learn lots of good stuff. I love it...:bigsmile: And you're not a jumbo :angry: You're wonderful :wink:
    :heart: ya
  • kellch
    Options
    And I looked at your profile...You're not 35 missy *hand on hips and stomps foot on the ground* :angry:

:wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: shhhhhhh we wont tell :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    awe so nice to see mother and daughter on here :)

Welcome, Diana! We're so glad to have you here. And trust me, your daughter is never going to be ashamed of you. If she's like me, she's suggested the site to you (like I have done with my mom) in hopes to find something to share and help get us BOTH in shape to live the healthiest and longest lives we can because I know that's what we both want :)

You'll love it here, everyone is so supportive and motivational. And we're all here to help! :heart:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    It's my mom!!! Hi Mom!!! :flowerforyou: Mom, first of all I'd never be ashamed of you. You're beautiful as it is. Second of all, I'm glad you took my advice and checked this place out. You'll get lots of support. The ONLY reason I mentioned this site to you....is not because I am ashamed of you, but because I want you to be healthy, happy with yourself, and feel better. I'd like to keep ya around for a while...:flowerforyou: :heart: You'll get lots of support here and learn lots of good stuff. I love it...:bigsmile: And you're not a jumbo :angry: You're wonderful :wink:

Your mom is on this site???? th_muahaha.gif Where to start...where to start.....:bigsmile:

Welcome Diana! :flowerforyou:

Your daughter is lovely and I'm sure you are too.

You'll find plenty of support here to reach your goals. :smile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Another mother and daughter. How cool! My daughter is on here too. Welcome Diana. And what a wonderful daughter you have. She loves you very much and I know she'll be delighted just to have you at her wedding no matter what you weigh. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my quote here at the bottom of my signature.... it is very true! People worry alot more about themselves than other people's weight! My mother is not a tiny lady... unfortunately a very slow metabolism runs in the family.... and I would never be ashamed of her!! I am getting married next week and never has the thought crossed my mind... "what are people going to think of my mother??" she loves you no matter what... always just wants you to be healthy and happy... just as you think of her! Good luck to you.. I have been on the site for a few months... 15lbs down.... everyone here is very supportive... this is a judgment free zone! :)
  • kellch
    Options

Your mom is on this site???? th_muahaha.gif Where to start...where to start.....:bigsmile:

Welcome Diana! :flowerforyou:

Your daughter is lovely and I'm sure you are too.

You'll find plenty of support here to reach your goals. :smile:

:bigsmile:
  • dkell
    Options
    Thanks sweetie.:heart: Hope I can do as good as you. You look great and I can tell you feel great too. I'm going to give this thing a whirl and maybe I can walk a little faster next time. :laugh: I had a great time this weekend and I'm pumped up about your wedding.
  • kellch
    Options
    Thanks sweetie.:heart: Hope I can do as good as you. You look great and I can tell you feel great too. I'm going to give this thing a whirl and maybe I can walk a little faster next time. :laugh: I had a great time this weekend and I'm pumped up about your wedding.
    You can!! And you've got all these wonderful people to help ya.:happy:
    And thanks...yes I feel much much better...I still have some work to do but I'm gettin there..One day at a time...:happy:
    I had a great time...and hey, you made it through the entire 6 mile hike no matter how slow a person goes or if they have to take breaks once in a while...just making it to the end is an accomplishment in itself. It takes time...You can do it...:drinker:

Psssssssttt....Don't listen to anything Shannon says about me :smokin: It's not true...well, except for the good stuff :bigsmile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awww you go girls!!!!

mom and daughter...we have a few of those combo's here and I think its awesome!!!

Welcome Diana! We do love your daughter....:smooched: you did a good job w/ that girl!:drinker:

we're all here for you hon....I know you can do it!!!

hugs!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you!!! I know you can do this!

Yes, your daughter is a sweetheart! It's wonderful to have you here as well.

Take care!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

-Tami
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome Diana! I'm so happy for you....this is a great place to be. I am praying that my Mom will join us soon. :flowerforyou:
  • Juliebean
    Options
    I'm so proud of you for joining! I have been trying to convince my mom to try this for a while. Good luck! I know you'll succeed! :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    And I looked at your profile...You're not 35 missy *hand on hips and stomps foot on the ground* :angry:

:wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: shhhhhhh we wont tell :laugh: :bigsmile:

You're the best daughter ever!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Welcome kellchies mom!!
  • mabarker
    Options
    Hi Meg,

Try to break down your weight loss into realistic timeframes and segments. Lose 10 lbs the first month, etch...We all know it gets harder as you reach your goal...but you can do it.

You will definitely lose weight just by the fact that you have to write and record everything. It takes a little work, but you'll get it. Your daughter is beautiful person inside/out...so you've done a great job! I understand that you want to look your best for the wedding...but centering everything on that day may not be the right approach. You want to make sure you ENJOY that day. So begin by promising to just do your utmost best and whatever weight you are that day...so be it!

You are on a new road to health and fitness for life!

Good Luck and Congratulations for taking the first step!
  • clairegl
    Options
    Welcome! I wish you all the strength you need to see the changes in your life that need to be made. It's hard work, but the rewards are worth it. Remember nobody is perfect and we all mess up sometimes (or lots of times) but the trick is to get right back up after a fall or a misstep. Just keep doing what needs to be done and your life will change.
    Good luck!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Welcome! What fun to get healthy together with your daughter :) This will be a great experience for you, everyone is so helpful and compassionate :)