WHAT IS NEXT?! After 30 day shred?

Options
Ok, my question is - what you do after you are done with 30 day shred program?
I've completed it about a month ago, was very happy with myself. Then I had vacations, gained some lbs and now I'm starting over a 30 day shred again.
So, after I'm done again, should I keep doing level 3 or buy new DVDs?! What is your suggestion?

Replies

• MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    The 6 week 6 pack is definitely a great one to look at. A lot of what you did in the Shred is there, but it's a tougher program. It's 30 min of cardio intensive ab work. I plan on that AFTER I finish the Shred. Not quite ready for it now. I am on round 2 of the shred now. Good luck!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Ok, my question is - what you do after you are done with 30 day shred program?
    I've completed it about a month ago, was very happy with myself. Then I had vacations, gained some lbs and now I'm starting over a 30 day shred again.
    So, after I'm done again, should I keep doing level 3 or buy new DVDs?! What is your suggestion?

I'd say both. Keep doing Level 3 occasionally but also try other Dvd's so you don't get bored.
  • arthurowenlindsey
    Options
    also so your body doesnt get bored. different workouts mean different areas and stuff your body isnt used to .
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    MelleyJ

I will look for this one! That is for sure.

What are the other ones you guys would reccommend?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Her No More Trouble Zones DVD is awesome. It's 60 minutes and mostly just strength training like I assume the Shred is, but a lot more intensive.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I agree w/ both responses. I have done the shred for 45 days in 2009 and loved the results. I am in the process of doing it now (day 21). I will go on for 45 days alternating level 2 and level 3 plus running so I don't get bored. I may throw in level 1 every once in a while because the arm routines are great. I have 6 week 6 pack so I will start that after my 45 days of the shred. I have P90X and Insanity b/c that is the program my husband is doing. I'm thinking of throwing in some of those workouts in the mix too. When summer hits I may do more running, sports, or pool outside. :wink: Also check out exercise tv or ondemand fit programs if you don't want to spend extra $.
  • pinkprincessness
    pinkprincessness Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would def suggest to switch it up also....so you and your body don't get bored!! Just look around online and find some that look good and have good reviews.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    creechbc!
    I will vote for you! )) After I'm back from work!
    Thank you for the response!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    couple ideas...do more than one level of shred at a time... i'm a big fan of banish fat, boost metabolism as well :) i just got 6 week 6 pack and i plan on alternating that, shred, and banish fat, boost metabolism just to keep things interesting :) mixing things up helps me keep motivated :)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    By the time you finish the shred the "ripped in 30" will be out....so get ready for that 1!!!:)
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    couple ideas...do more than one level of shred at a time... i'm a big fan of banish fat, boost metabolism as well :) i just got 6 week 6 pack and i plan on alternating that, shred, and banish fat, boost metabolism just to keep things interesting :) mixing things up helps me keep motivated :)
    I like that! Last time I was getting a bit bored with the program! It is a great idea! Thank you!
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    MelleyJ

I will look for this one! That is for sure.

What are the other ones you guys would reccommend?

Those are the only 2 Jillian Michaels ones I have or have seen. I know the Six Week Six Pack is available at Target (even though it says online only on the website!) My friend and I were going to try it and said... nah.. maybe after the Shred. It was going to be too much on my body (warding off shin splints right now as it is.)

For fun, I like dance (used to be a dancer.. miss that body!) so I have sweatin to the oldies (when I need a fun, light workout if I am having a bad day or need an easy day for my body to recover. I also have the *****cat Dolls (fun, but not a great workout) and the Carmen Electra Strip to Fit series. Those are fun, and everyone likes to feel good about themselves, but they aren't great as far as a tough workout. Just something to get me moving more on the weekends and to have fun while I do it.

If you have a Wii or Kinect.. ZUMBA! Or Just Dance on the Just Sweat mode. Good luck!
  • kimpaige12
    Options
    I voted for you guys:)
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Since you like Jillians style why not mix it up a bit :wink: take a look at this programme uses her DVD's :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/164573-february-2011-jillian-michaels-30-day-slimdown-challenge
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    For fun, I like dance (used to be a dancer.. miss that body!) so I have sweatin to the oldies (when I need a fun, light workout if I am having a bad day or need an easy day for my body to recover. I also have the *****cat Dolls (fun, but not a great workout) and the Carmen Electra Strip to Fit series. Those are fun, and everyone likes to feel good about themselves, but they aren't great as far as a tough workout. Just something to get me moving more on the weekends and to have fun while I do it.

If you have a Wii or Kinect.. ZUMBA! Or Just Dance on the Just Sweat mode. Good luck!

Dancing is definatelly my thing! I teach Zumba 3 times a week. But I know my routines too well and those do not challenge me anymore. I need to work out on the top of teaching my classes! ))))
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    By the time you finish the shred the "ripped in 30" will be out....so get ready for that 1!!!:)

SWEET! new torture! (i'm not being sarcastice) I have such a love love hate relationship with her. During I hate her and after she is my best friend! LOL.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I plan to do her 30 day slimdown next--I just bought the other DVDs. Plus her yoga one, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully it will be successful!
    What is the ripped in 30? Anyone know? I saw it when I was ordering the others, and almost bought it, but it didn't have any reviews, so I figured I'd hold off...
  • pinkprincessness
    pinkprincessness Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you like something with dance check out TurboFire. I love it!!