SO EXCITED!!!!! :D

Options
Seems like whenever I start to see results I lose interest and gain the lbs back grrr. My boyfriend get back from Iraq in 6 weeks and I wana be in my pretty clothes by then so wish me luck... I am going to need it! I am a single mom of 2 little girls who would love to live off of mac-n-cheese and junk food. Its hard to spend time cooking healthy food for myself when I know they arent going to eat it with me. Another challenge I have is that I have a desk job so I am sitting down 9 hours a day. I do some desk exercises but lets face it those are pretty lame and dont make me feel like I am making a difference. I love to run but since my kids are too young to be left sleeping when I go for a jog I will have to wait till they are older. For now I am just doing workouts in my living room such as jump rope, sit ups, push ups, crunches, streatches, jumping jacks, lunges, etc. This program tells me that I should only have 1200 calaries a day and that is a challenge in itself because I am always hungry lol. I am really looking forward to going from 129 to 118! The number 118 just makes me so happy to think I might someday be a size 2 again. I have been a size 4 for over 3 years now....

Replies

• sphc
    sphc Posts: 4
    Options
    Motivation is the first step to success and you seem motivated!! I do understand it is very hard to get proper food and exercise with 2 little ones.... Couple of tips: when you eat, do you have to have what your kids are having? Maybe you should cook for them and then cook for you. Putting a piece of salmon in the oven is easy, so is making a healthy ratatouille and should'nt take you more than 15 minutes. Other thing, if you spend 9 hours in the office, bring only healthy lunches and snacks and take the stairs!!
    Good luck - I wish I was a size 4... right now I'm a 10.... :(
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    As long as you log your exercise you will find you have a lot more than 1200 cals a day to eat.
    Excuse me....if you cook healthy meals your Kids will also benefit from eating them. Make the Macs & junk treats only.....after all if thats all they will eat they will also find it hard to stay in good shape. Low fat protein, low sodium,complex carbs & wholemeal, fruits & veggies are the ideal diet for kids in their formative years. If they see you eat well, they will too!!!
  • ktblueyz
    Options
    Hey thanks for the response. No I dont usually eat twhat the kids eat. they are happy with apple sauce, cheese sticks, and a ham sandwish lol. I need warm filling food. Soup has been my best friend lately at the office. The campells condensed soup is great. I add extra water to is so i feel like i ate more. The kids eat healthy food 2/3 of the time but their preferences are way different than mine. I love the greens and they would rather have corn/potatoes ya know how kids are. I have been eating a lot of plain chicken for my protein lately with just salt and pepper. I am getting used to it.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Kids are pretty adaptable. My kids realized quickly that I only cook ONE dinner, so they only went hungry once and quickly realized that they needed to eat what I made or starve. This is the best time to teach them to eat properly as mac n' cheese is not healthy.

There are a lot of amazing things that are much tastier and "healthy" than junk that both you and your girls would enjoy. I have revamped all of our favorite recipes to be healthier and tried out many new veggys that are awsome that I would not have attempted to try before.
    The more you transition to healthy and "clean" food the more you can eat . . . I struggle to get in my 1200 calories some days and feel like all I do is eat.

I also do all of my workouts at home, have never spent the money on a gym memebership but did invest in a treadmill as the Canadian winters are just not jogging friendly.

I am sure if you transition to healtheir food items for your family you will be amazed at the results and the amount of food you get to eat on a daily basis.

Good luck!