Venting for a moment

Options
I read about how all some people eat "completely clean" so this is not in reference to people who eat mostly clean. I have looked at various food diaries from these "completely clean" eaters and I am sorry. I do not think that Popeyes Chicken, Papa Johns Pizza, Mc Donalds are clean foods. I do understand people allow themselves cheat days but if you are going to pride yourself upon eating clean. I would think a person would make better choices, that's all.

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    most of the restaurants they are buying there food from aren't even clean. I eat clean. If you don't believe me check it out.
  • susieq658
    susieq658 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    what is eating "clean"? i'm not getting it...
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    what is eating "clean"? i'm not getting it...

I don't know, but I am guessing not eating fast food
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ok, do you "eat clean"? And what do you consider "eating clean"? It just depends on the choices you make...not the restaurants you go. Eating a triple whopper smothered in mayo is not the same thing as eating a side salad with no croutons and no dressing. Know what i mean?
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Not sure what eating clean is but I choose to eat realistically. I eat within my calorie limits and slowly change my lifestyle. No drastic eating changes for me or I will end up binge eating. For me, it is a form of sabotage eating.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    When I eat pizza, it's very clean. I make sure to carefully pick up all the dropped cheese, sauce, and crumbs. My plate is completely clean afterwards.
    :smokin:
  • jennifir
    Options
    When I eat pizza, it's very clean. I make sure to carefully pick up all the dropped cheese, sauce, and crumbs. My plate is completely clean afterwards.

LOL!!!! This is "clean eating" in my book!
  • vsangel87
    Options

hahaha good one... :)
  • 1berrybrook
    1berrybrook Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eating clean is VERY hard. Baked fish, chicken... Green veggies and berries... No butter, gravy, salt, etc. I've been trying to eat as clean as I can for my 3 meals, but I allow myself a piece of chocolate as well..
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options

Haha I love it! What is considered clean all natural, basically no additves, no processed foods. Basically only fresh foods

Well it is obvious that a salad is better than a burger.. I know what you are getting at but I was just venting here..
  • jennifir
    Options
    If I tried to eat clean...I would be setting myself up for failure. I know myself way too well.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy most of the time, lots of fruit and veg but I still wouldn't say I eat clean. I have looked at some diaries also and wonder how they lose any weight at all.
  • jen0619
    Options
    If I tried to eat clean...I would be setting myself up for failure. I know myself way too well.

Oh yeah its terribly hard and I couldn't do it. It just bugs me that people brag about it but don't do it. That's like me saying I would be a clean eater when clearly I am not.
  • jen0619
    Options
    I eat healthy most of the time, lots of fruit and veg but I still wouldn't say I eat clean. I have looked at some diaries also and wonder how they lose any weight at all.

Me too! I like honesty. I eat healthy most of time (key word most ) :) but I wouldn't say clean either!
  • vsangel87
    Options
    Eating clean is VERY hard. Baked fish, chicken... Green veggies and berries... No butter, gravy, salt, etc. I've been trying to eat as clean as I can for my 3 meals, but I allow myself a piece of chocolate as well..

That's actually not that hard...you can still eat the things you like, just don't go crazy with it. Why can't people understand that?? For example, if you like butter on your baked potatoes, use margarine instead and maybe just use a very little amount. And if you usually like to eat sour cream with whatever, use plain yogurt instead. Like fried chicken? No problem! Eat it! Just eat it in moderation. To me, that's eating clean...eating what you like in moderation and substituting "unhealthy" choices for more healthy ones.
  • jen0619
    Options
    Anyways sorry for "those" that were offended. I was just speaking my mind about all natural clean eaters.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

That's actually not that hard...you can still eat the things you like, just don't go crazy with it. Why can't people understand that?? For example, if you like butter on your baked potatoes, use margarine instead and maybe just use a very little amount. And if you usually like to eat sour cream with whatever, use plain yogurt instead. Like fried chicken? No problem! Eat it! Just eat it in moderation. To me, that's eating clean...eating what you like in moderation and substituting "unhealthy" choices for more healthy ones.
    I totally do not agree w/ this. Eating less of a bad food doesn't make it better. Margarine is processed chemicals. Hydrogenated oils for frying, not clean. I do not eat clean. I eat a heck of alot better than I used to and alot of my food is fresh, organic REAL food. I still use salt, but I grow my own vegetables and herbs and use those for as long as I can in as much as I can. I make alot of my own foods and It is really hard. Making your own bread, gringing your own grains, making all condiments, basically not eating anything that was made by man is very time consuming.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    most of the restaurants they are buying there food from aren't even clean. I eat clean. If you don't believe me check it out.
    I am not saying you dont fit the definition of clean eating. And I don't "eat clean" but when I think of clean eating I don't think of artificial sweeteners (in optifast shakes or extra gum) or the other stuff listed in the ingredients of the optifast shakes. No offense intended and it's totally my opinion. I think of people eating lean meats, fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nothing processed, nothing artificial or "diet". Just pure wholesome foods. But that's just the way I think of it.
  • laceyraschke
    laceyraschke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    FYI-eating clean is pretty much something similar to Paleo eating or Tosca Reno's Eat clean book......rolled oats, nuts and nut butter(fresh ground), organic Chicken, Bison, Turkey, Salad with lemon juice NOT DRESSING!!! no processed carbs-sweet pots(no brown sugar or butter).....egg whites....IT IS HARD!!! I'm a college kid and when I did it...I toted around a lunch box with 5 meals per day....
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    I read about how all some people eat "completely clean" so this is not in reference to people who eat mostly clean. I have looked at various food diaries from these "completely clean" eaters and I am sorry. I do not think that Popeyes Chicken, Papa Johns Pizza, Mc Donalds are clean foods. I do understand people allow themselves cheat days but if you are going to pride yourself upon eating clean. I would think a person would make better choices, that's all.

For a second I panicked and wondered if I accidentally left my diary public! But there aren't any Papa Johnses nearby so... phew. :bigsmile: