Is it realistic???

Options
I have 45 pounds to lose by May 28th. I workout every single day. I am training for my first 5K in April and watching my Calories daily. Is this an unrealistic goal?? Am I setting myself up for failure?? Can this even be done?? I am working so hard and it feels like the scales are moving so slow. I know I did not gain this weight overnight but will 4 months coming off be enough time?
Anyone know of anything different I can do? 5'6 180lbs right now

Replies

• Squirrely_Girl
    Options
    It's a slow process. Give it time and remember that the number on the scale isn't what is important; the positive changes you are making within your body are what matters. :)
  • tashajasmine
    tashajasmine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do is RELAX! I am 5'4" and 3 weeks ago was 160 pounds. I am doing my fourth 5k this Saturday. It is a lot easier than you think. really no need to train as long as you are walking. stay positive and have fun or you won't stick to your goal.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It's possible. But if you don't quite get there don't think you failed. Stay positive.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Not really. I would say probably half that would be realistic, but still hard. Even if you did 2 lbs/week (which with a relatively small amount to lose is still unlikely and not really healthy), you'd still only lose about 30-35 lbs.

Don't focus on the number. You can easily do a 5k in a few months, regardless of what you weigh by then. If you focus on changing eating habits and getting exercise, and make the changes in moderation so that they are sustainable, the weight will come off. Focus on being healthy! Good luck to you!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Possible, yes. But there seems to be pretty strong consensus that anything more than 1-2 lbs a week is not very healthy.
  • knelson422
    Options
    I am finding that it helps to change up my routine. Instead of doing a steady pace run, I jog for 3 minutes and then run for 1 minute, and repeat that until I am done my run. I have also found that doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred ( a little over a 20 min workout) helps to shake things up a bit, helping to tone and build muscle. Keep up the great work on training for the 5K, that is awesome. You can do it!!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I would recommend reading these threads that explain metabolism and how to set a healthy loss goal:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing