Walden Farms cal free choc???

Options
loushep
loushep Posts: 191
I heard about Walden farms calorie free choc syrup on here and purchased some online (it was expensive). It has just arrived this morning so i tried a little taste on the tip of my finger.. YUCK, it tastes vile. First off i ordered it on a whim because i was craving chocolates so can anyone tell me if it is a bad thing to eat (i'm thinking it can't be great for me) and second if it is not harmful does anyone have any recipes for using it that make it more palatable.

Replies

• JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they have changed the formula or the last time I had it I was so desperate it tasted good.....I am thinking about trying to sweeten it up with Stevia

http://www.waldenfarms.com/main_recipes.jpg
  • loushep
    Options
    Yeah, they have changed the formula or the last time I had it I was so desperate it tasted good.....I am thinking about trying to sweeten it up with Stevia

http://www.waldenfarms.com/main_recipes.jpg

Thanks for the link, i'll have a look at that :smile:
  • tokays72
    Options
    I feel you on the chocolate craving. I have a chemical sensitivity that does not allow me to eat artificial sweeteners of any kind. My friend told me about chocolate Shakeology and I have been using that for over a month now. I sing it's praises all the time because I have not had a single craving since drinking it and have felt loads better. Tony Horton the creator of P90X highly recommends it and when you blend in frozen strawberries it tastes like chocolate covered strawberries. My kid's will drink it and they like me to add a tablespoon of peanut butter. They say it tastes just like a Reeses peanut butter cup. If would like information on it you are welcome to contact me.
  • leslielightfoot
    leslielightfoot Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It isn't great on its own. I use it if I want a hit of sweet on my fruit. It is really good on Chapman's red cherry frozen yogurt. Just don't use a lot of it... a little goes a long way. I also like it drizzled lightly on strawberries.
  • gysup
    gysup Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use U-bet Sugar Free chocolate syrup. I buy it at the supermarket for around 3 dollars a bottle. My neighborhood supermarkets have limited selections so I'd guess that it should be available in a well stocked market. It also tastes not so good alone. It's nutitional label says zero calories and zero everything else except sodium. I originally purchased it to use on fresh fruit. Sort of like chocolate covered strawberries and things like that. I didn't like it that way and the syrup just sat in my refrigerator. One day I was looking for something to have for breakfast and I saw I had plain greek yogurt. I didn't want it plain and so I dug out the chocolate syrup and squirted in a bit and mixed it up. It was fabulous that way. Since then I use it that way and also add it to a blender with a cup or 2 or unsweetened almond milk and some fresh fruit and perhaps a sweet n low or 2. That is also very good and since then I've bought additional bottles of the syrup.
  • loushep
    Options
    Thanks gysup, this one also has zero everything except sodium. I will try a little in plain yogurt to see how it tastes.