Super Bowl Sunday

Options
How many of you plan on blowing it and going over your limit on Super Bowl Sunday?? I know I will be. I take this site seriously but come on here folks....Superbowl, beer, and greasy food is an American Tradition. Who's in!?

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am working at Toppers Pizza, my part time "fun" job that day during the game SO, i will be having some pizza but I will be counting the calories too. Do what you gotta do but I don't want to reverse what I have done so far, not that one day will do that. Everyone should take a cheat day when they feel it's necessary and for you, it will be Superbowl. Have a great time, have a beer for me and GO PACKERS!
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I belong to a weight loss group and we have our weigh-in on Monday mornings...NO OVERINDULGING FOR ME!!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I am making healthy pizzas. I went to Trader Joe's last night and got all the fixings. My kids are so excited. I will be making fruit smoothies as well. I refuse to use holidays & special events as an excuse to go overboard. I'm living my life eating in moderation. I will remain in control. No regrets here.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are both watching the calories and all. He's not on MFP but we are going to have some home made chicken wings and some cheese dip with veggie dippers. We will both probably go over our limit for the day but we hope to not go crazy, We are going to indulge though!!
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Nope dont think i will be going crazy that day with the food....oh and GO STEELERS!!!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Nope dont think i will be going crazy that day with the food....oh and GO STEELERS!!!!!

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeler Natioooooooooooon!!!

Oh. I'm sorry. Back to topic :bigsmile:
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    I don't think I'll restrict myself ... I agree Superbowl Sunday is a holiday in my house! And you CAN NOT watch football without beer! But I AM going to log it all ... I won't beat myself up, but I will work harder the following week!
  • HuffHesitation
    Options
    Even Though WE SUCK........GO BILLS....next superbowl (proud season ticket holder!)
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. That will be my cheat day for pizza. You're right, it is an American tradition!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Just a normal day, may splurge and have some baked chips doritos and black bean dip...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    *yawn* dont care. will be sleeping. work graveyard. I have been invited to many SB parties by friends. some making outrageous drinking game bets. like taking a drink whenever "Farve" is mentioned on tv. I like football just not the "hand egg" ver.
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've found quite a few 'skinny' recipes for snack- type food including a dip and a dessert. We will be eating that and trying to stay within range. I also plan to workout good and hard that morning! So, if I do happen to go over, it won't be that bad. But, I'm not giving myself any excuses to throw in the towel for a day.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Even Though WE SUCK........GO BILLS....next superbowl (proud season ticket holder!)

I admire your dedication!! We live 1.5 miles down the road from the Stadium on Abbott! We have some serious Bills fans in our home and Super Bowl regardless is a big deal. BTW...no one is rooting for the Steelers in this household. :wink:

And, as to the original post. I am going middle of the road. I plan to eat and will most likely go over but I plan to fix some healthy choices to go with the traditional ones. Plus, I will hit the YMCA that morning before Mass!!!

D
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i found a few lower calorie, lower fat recipes for all the favories like spinach artichoke dip, buffalo wing chicken dip, and baked zucchinni sticks. i also think I'm going to go for some of the low cal beer. i'm going to measure and count everything and do my best but i'm not making any garantees. i do have a mean calorie burning workout planned for that morning too.

Go Steelers!!!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I won't go super crazy! But I will certainly be eating some pizza, drinking and snacking on other unhealthy food. I live in Steelers country which makes it even bigger! (Though I'm not a Steelers fan) One day is not going to kill me. And it is the Superbowl!
  • Loki182
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, I've got a tub of Helluva Good Dip in my Fridge with my name on it, and a bag of reduced fat (a moot point with that dip) Ruffles. And I'm planning on ordering a bunch of chicken wings... and maybe a pizza. Like I have said before, I'm not a very good roll model for this website...

Oh and, GO COMMERCIALS!!! I'm not going to be rooting for either team to win, just going to enjoy watching a good game.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Sunday is ALSO my boyfriends 30th birthday so we are having quite the shin-dig at our house. He has already planned the menu of THREE different pizza places pizzas, breadsticks, wings and salads. I get to make some dips. His sister is a pastry chef so she has the most amazing desserts coming. It is going to be a BAD day (in a good way) I have been at this hardcore since 1/1/11 so I think ONE day off is not going to kill me. I plan on going to the gym Saturday and Sunday mornings to help out as much as possible!

Go Packers!
  • terrivision
    terrivision Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am not going to go SUPER BOWL crazy with the food; however I am going to enjoy a snack within my calorie allowance. I really watch the SUPER BOWL for the commercials. I wonder how many calories I will burn laughing at the commercials. My endorphins will definitely get a work out on Sunday.
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    We are watching the game at my inlaws as they have a giant TV. That means insane amounts of snack type food - chips, salsa, drinks and I am hoping for a veggie tray.

What am I going to do about it? Eat a light breakfast Sunday morning. Exercise in the morning and then use a SMALL bowl or plate and pick out whatever I want from the spread and eat a reasonable portion. I'm going to skip the drinks and stick with water and perhaps a glass of unsweetened tea.

Oh and I will record my calories when I get home - even if I blow it, I'm going to acknowledge it and then move forward.

What's your game plan?

--
    PS - Down with Pittsburgh!!!! ;)
  • jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to find healther options if I can even if I have to make them myself