SHOULDN'T I HAVE LOST AT LEAST A LB BY TODAY?

Options
I know you're not supposed to weigh in daily but that helps me stay on track. I've lost a lot of weight before doing different things & this time I'm having troubles. I am supposed to have 1200 cal a day to lose 2#/wk. When I add in my daily workouts it ads about 240 cal, so I eat about 1400 a day. I weigh in every Sunday because that's when I started using this website. Weighed in today & I'm still the same as the other day. No change. What gives? Should I not be adding in my workout calories & stick with just the 1200??

Replies

• jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    You really have no info open so hard to tell what might be going on diet ect but yes you should eat most or all of your exercise calories back.. Another thing to remember is everytime we over eat we dont look at the scale hoping to have gained weight.

Life time of change not a week, not a day. Be kind to yourself and your body you will get there !!!!!
  • hsquared87
    Options
    Try limiting your sodium that in of itself might be holding you back. I was having trouble losing on 1200 and eating back some of not all my exercise calories then I went to a nutritionist and low and behold I wasn't eating enough food to stay alive let alone lose weight. So when I started eating more and drinking more Water I have started losing weight again. I honeslt sugest going to a Nutritionist they can help you figure out what kind of diet/ ammount of calories you need.

Hope this helps.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You should be eating the exercise calories, so continue doing that. You did not put the weight on overnight and it will not come off overnight. Also remember that your body weight can fluctuate by 3-5 pounds in any given day. Keep on going and it will pay off.

I'm not sure what you are eating but you may want to track sodium and a high amount of sodium can make you retain water which according to the scale may look like you didn't lose weight or even gained weight when you may have actually lost some fat.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Did you adjust your diet and workouts upon starting here on MFP this past month? If so, your body may still be adjusting itself.
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You should continue to add in your exercise calories. I don't "eat back" every exercise calorie but I eat back most of them. Don't give up and keep at it. Are you drinking the recommended water each day. The water does help your body shed the pounds so don't skip that step.

Stay strong and keep at it!
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm over on sodium daily. I don't eat bad...not exactly sure how to reduce that unless I always eat just veggies & fruit! I'm pretty good about drinking 8 cups of water.
    Try limiting your sodium that in of itself might be holding you back. I was having trouble losing on 1200 and eating back some of not all my exercise calories then I went to a nutritionist and low and behold I wasn't eating enough food to stay alive let alone lose weight. So when I started eating more and drinking more Water I have started losing weight again. I honeslt sugest going to a Nutritionist they can help you figure out what kind of diet/ ammount of calories you need.

Hope this helps.