haven't worn this dress in at least 5 years...maybe more??

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
i decided this morning to go deeper into my closet and try on a sundress from FOREVER ago......

i tried it on and looked at myself in the mirror front ways and was like damn i look good.....nice curves, smaller waist, fabric hitting me just right...then i turned sideways and was hit - bam right in the face with my lower tummy that was sticking out, making me look "thick" or "deep" LOL

i decided to send a pic to my sister (the other half of my brain) for her opinion....she said and i quote "it looks pretty - u don't look thick at all"

so i decided to wear the damn dress....i'm feeling a bit self conscious about my tummy, but i'm making an extra effort to work on tightening those muscles today but doing a lot of sucking in ;-)
below is a pic of me in the dress from the front and the side and then below that is a picture of me when i started this amazing journey in january 2008 - 60.40 lbs ago

this morning - Feb 2011 - 193.4
photo.jpg
photo2.jpg

start of my journey - Jan 2008 - 253.8
DSC_0734.jpg

Replies

• thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The dress looks really nice on you! Congrats on your accomplishments!!!
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Good Job.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • oldscratch
    Options
    NICE JOB!!! LOOKIN GOOD!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    You AND the dress look great!
  • smurray3
    Options
    Oh my god....look at your face!!!! you are shrinking...I couldnt see your face that well in the text this morning.....we are all going to **** ourselves when you come this year! wooohooo

Oh and look at emma in that picture....she is so little and precious! time flies!
  • amycrims
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Don't beat yourself up about a little bump...look at your waist!!!
  • ptrppl6
    Options
    You look great! Your brain is just trying to psych you out. Besides, as we get older, tummies just do that. You earned the right to just relax about it. Isn't it fun, though, to try those older things on? I remember going to Weight Watchers' in a size I hadn't worn for 25 years! It was a great night. Sadly, I "grew out" of that size again...but I'm only one size up from that, and will get down there again!
  • cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    60lbs gone!? What an inspiration!! You look great :flowerforyou:
  • Charrisse
    Options
    You look great!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    You look amazing! What a wonderful feeling!
  • melle27
    Options
    verry good LOOKIN GOOD!! :)
  • healthy1215
    Options
    Congrats! You look super and just get a pair of those undies with a little tummy support and you'll fell fine about everything until you tighten up! We all need to learn to relish the good things and not focus on the little stuff! Good job!!:flowerforyou:
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You look great, keep up the amazing work!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think you look pretty dang hot myself!! :wink: Way to go!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look super and just get a pair of those undies with a little tummy support and you'll fell fine about everything until you tighten up! We all need to learn to relish the good things and not focus on the little stuff! Good job!!:flowerforyou:

ohhhhhhhhhhhh trust me lol....i'm wearing a pair of bike short type "spanks" today.....lol
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!!!!!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    The first thing that literally came out of my mouth was dang (but another word) you look so good! Ok first and foremost- your exercise has paid off... your arms look great and your waist is the envy of women (hourglass). I think you look fantastic! Try not to be self conscious about your tummy... I still have one too and it comes with the mom territory... I even had a pooch before I had kids. Trust me- I did not even notice if I wasn't looking for it (because you mentioned it in your post) and my thoughts were just on how freaking great you look in that dress!!! Savor it girl- you're working so hard and it shows big time! Keep going with that exercise b/c no matter what the size you're in- you look a-ma-zing b/c I can definitely see the tone!!! So proud of you!!!

Strut your stuff b/c you've got it going on!!!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    WOW! That was my reaction. You look fantastic! That dress really does flatter your new figure. What a wonderful change in your before and current pictures. An inspiration! You are making fitness a priority in your life and it sure is paying off! Wear that dress proudly all day!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! You look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't need it, but if it will make you feel less aware of your lower abdomen I highly recommend the Torsette:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sweet-Nothings-Firm-Shaping-Torsette/12400427

I wear these with all dresses that are fitted below my waist to ensure the pouch is in check. I probably don't need the Torsette, either, but if I feel more confident wearing it, that's all that matters :)

Charmagne
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!