Long Road...

Options
I have a long road ahead of me. I see the light, I know its worth it. I just have a hard time staying motivated. There is no one to hold me accountable except me.

I actually joined the gym this time.

I want to do this!

Replies

• snugglepuss123
    Options
    hi mistydawn76 good luck on ur journey ahead hopefully you will get lots of help and support on here
  • hi i have a long way to go to and its only my 2nd week
    you will love it here im sure

xxx
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You're right about it being a long road--it is definitely a marathon and not a sprint!

My advice would be to try everything--group exercise classes, running, swimming, spinning, whatever. Find what you like to do best (or switch it up all the time) and it will be much easier to stay motivated.

Classes (especially Zumba) keep me motivated, while my hubby loves swimming.

Good luck and take it one day at a time!
  • mistydawn76
    mistydawn76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Im actually going to try a deep water fitness class and a zumba 101 class next week. Im a little scared I dont have the best coordination!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm not that coordinated either but I love my Zumba class and it is a nice 500-800 calorie burn each time. Plus you get to shake your bootie and dance for anywhere from 45 min to an hour to cool music! Enjoy...and this is the place for accountabillity and motivation!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Im actually going to try a deep water fitness class and a zumba 101 class next week. Im a little scared I dont have the best coordination!

I've been in Zumba classes with really good teachers and some with "teachers" that basically run the class like 'monkey see, monkey do' where there's no instruction on how to do the moves. I hope yours is more instructional. No matter what just keep moving!
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you will find a lot of support here, people of MFP are fantastic about that. So welcome, and trust me, you have a whole new giant family that will be here to encourage, motivate, ispire and help keep you on tract.