Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Happiness. Yes Happiness.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    I'm greedy. I wanted the total package!

Sense of humor was huge, but a certain sense of self... confidence without arrogance. Being completely comfortable with who he is, without thinking he's perfect or god's gift. Pretty much an attitude of, "This is who I am, and I'm happy with who I am, and if you're the right person for me, you'll be happy with it, too."

Being genuine. I think that's it in one word. No pretending to be something he's not to impress me. No games. No facade. Just being genuine.

I agree! Yes, sense of humor and intelligence are important, but I think the reason I love these qualities so much in my BF is that he's genuine about it. He makes no attempt to hide when he's being a dork or when he doesn't know something. We had a great friendship before we started dating, and that made the transition really easy because we didn't have to play any games or try to impress each other. I know that I can be myself around him because he is equally open around me. :)
  • MmhmmStephanie
    Options
    Loyalty. Closely followed by a great sense of humor.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    sarcastic, witty intelligence and respect. those are pretty much tied for first at this point.
  • chocolateandvodka
    Options
    Can I add high sex drive?

A girl's got needs, ya know?

yesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is key!!!
  • chocolateandvodka
    Options
    Loyalty. You can be honest and still be disloyal. You will just admit to the discretions.

True. But at least if they're honest about the indiscretions, then I have the opportunity to decide what I want to do about it. :)

But if they are loyal, there are no indiscretions to worry about.

at times loyalty can easily develop into obsessive jealousy. trust me... i know... *shudder
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I would have to say sense of humor.

I think this is interesting because most everyone has a sense of humor, we are only attracted to people who share our sense of humor, like if someone laughs at joke that you find offensive and repugnant, you won't like the person very much.
    I met my husband at a comedy club, he was one of the openers and the only one I thought was funny at all, so I was like-he's cute and funny and I am going to meet him. So I went up to him after the show and got his number.
    I think a shared sense of humor is important, being intelligent and kind is also a requirement.
  • tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Confidence.
    Confidence in himself, in what he believes, in me, in our relationship..... [Progressive of course; I guess I'm not *looking* for confidence in our relationship before it even starts. :)]
    Respect is really important too.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Sense of humor, a brain, and a backbone.....I know that's 3, but they are all at the top of my list. :)
  • mollianna
    Options
    I hate to say it, but it is GOOD TEETH at first. Since I usually end up with *kitten*, I guess I put too much emphasis on looks. I am hoping to put more emphasis next time on someone who is charitable and smart (and still has a nice smile!)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Really hard to name a #1 so forgive me for breaking the rules.:embarassed:

Intelligent,funny,strong in her convictions and someone that is nice to just be with and chat. :smile:
  • junkfoodsux
    Options
    a pulse :tongue:
  • juliebrc1
    Options
    a pulse :tongue:

Haha! you made me LOL!!!!
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I try to find someone like me....a good sense of humour (sarcasm: gotta me able to dish it out and take it) and the ability to hold an intelligent conversation. I look for someone who works hard and plays hard.

I wind up with lazy *kitten* *kitten* who don't want to work and mooch off others. Smh! Hopefully somewhere along this journey ill find some self confidence and a good one will find me .
  • elfie9863
    Options
    Someone who can read without moving their lips and will put up with that annoying wiener dog in the bed.

Small, but important items:happy: ..BAHAHAHAHA!
  • tater8589
    Options
    Intelligence and an acerbic sense of humor

I have to agree. I have to be able to carry on a conversation without explaining everything I say. And I have to have someone who makes me laugh. And to add-- has to love animals/critters. I have my own zoo at home.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    He has to be smoking hot! Just kidding. He has to be non-religious/non-conservative with a sick sense of humor and integrity. Sorry, that's several things but they are all equally important.