what do you eat before hard work

Options
I need to till my garden (by hand) and I am just too much out of shape. So I know that I need to work up slowly, little by little, but what can I eat to help give me a little extra energy before I start working in the garden. Protein???

Replies

• JacquieHove
    JacquieHove Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Myoplex makes great snack bars. Similiar to a "Cliff bar" They give you energy, but they suggest eating them after a workout. They are delish!
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    but do they have caffeine. I need to stress that I can't have any caffeine.
  • shalbert
    Options
    If you know ahead of time, try eggs with cheese in the morning. I do when I know I am working out that day. I scramble 3 eggs and put half a slice of cheese on them, no butter...Then after, a protein bar or celery and a little peanut butter...
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a protein shake. You can also go talk to someone at GNC, vitamin shoppe, or some other supplement store to see what they recommend, as there are a TON of pre/post workout options available.
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    also, how do you track that in exersize. It's not light gardening, I've been using a pick ax and shovel. Trying to get some dg (decomposed granite) and rocks out, plus small area seems to have turned to something like clay, it wasn't that way last year.