Crockpot Cooking????

Options
I am a 'On-the-Go' type gal and I have a 3 month old and a husband. I love to throw things in my crockpot and 'keep it movin'. Does anyone know of an internet site or have some simple low-cal recipes for me where I can still go about my day as usual.....and I mean some good recipes. Just because I'm cutting my calories and am on the go most of the time doesn't mean I would like to suffer when I sit down and eat...lol. Also, I tend to use my crockpot for chicken recipes!

Replies

• Lacole216
    Options
    I found a wonderful little book in the grocery store the other day. I also saw it in Wal-Mart. The title is Crock Pot The Original Slow Cooker Comfort Food Diet Recipes. All of the recipes are 500 calories or less and the ones I have tried so far are very flavorful. The book should be in the magazine section or in the racks in the front of the store. It's about the same size as Prevention mag & the Soap Opera Digest if that helps at all :smile:
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I usually just do a search for "low calorie crock pot recipes" in my favorite search engine and find tons of stuff! :)
  • kchooper
    Options
    Thanks girls!
  • Nanajokes
    Options
    There is another site called nikibone they have so many recipes , and there are low fat recipes on there you probable could turn them into a crockpot recipe anything is possible .... goodluck :smile:
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I just had a friend tell me that you can download the Nook for your PC from www.barnesandnoble.com/. She said there is a free NookBook on Crockpot cooking. I'll see if I can find the name.

Oh, I can't find the free one my friend was talking about, but I found 2 that are $0.99. Crock Pot Cookbook[NOOKbook]
    by: R. Wilson (Editor) and 470 Crock Pot Recipes[NOOKbook]
    by: Anonymous, New Century Books (Editor)
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com has an entire section of crock pot (slow cooker) recipes with nutritional information. Sometimes even the recipes that aren't lo-cal can inspire me with some healthier substitutions.

I've got boneless chicken, salsa, and taco seasoning going right now for tonight's dinner. I make enough to freeze for later meals.

Other options:
    pork loin, orange juice, and garlic
    layer of potato chunks, carrot chunks, onion quarters; a roast on top; del monte diced tomatoes w/ basil and garlic dumped over everything
  • Manda1987
    Options
    I love my crockpot. I don't think we'd survive without it!

I started with roasts, but then I discovered the wonderful world of homemade soup. Yesterday's dinner was a potato soup with jalapeno, ham and corn. So tasty! And only 176 mg of sodium per serving... take that, Campbell's!

I don't use a cook book exactly. Every time I get an idea in my head (like, for instance, carrots are crazy on sale and I decide to make carrot soup), I just Google and sort through the results. It seems as if anything I can dream up has a recipe out there!
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am in the waiting room at the orthodontist. I picked up the January Family Circle and found this link:
    http://www.familycircle.com/recipes/slow-cooker/

Two of the sub-categories are Light and Slim-Down.

Some of them look yummy
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Check out my website!

I have a tab just for crockpot and am always adding!

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/search/label/Crockpot
  • mrskoolnu
    mrskoolnu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks radicalreader! Those are great recipes.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread, lots of great recipes on here!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113439-what-is-your-fav-slow-cooker-recipe