Favorite NEW food of the WEEK!

Options

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My favorite new food this week (Well not NEW but new to me!), is....

Garden of Eatin Baked Yellow Tortilla Chips.

Each serving has 300 mg of Omega-3's!! And you can have 19 chips for 120 cals, 2 g fat and 3 g fiber. I am eating them with Amy's fire roasted tomato salsa.

I just love an ingredient list like this:
    Organic yellow corn, organic brown flaxseed, organic soy grits, organic canola oil and/or organic safflower oil, and/or organic sunflower oil, sea salt.

They are tasty too!!!!
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    I found individual serving pouches of edamame, frozen and removed from the pod. I eat them frozen straight from the freezer! They are a great snack! I forget the brand, but they have Dora on the packaging...I guess they'd be great for lunch boxes!

Holy cow, MUST find these at our Safeway. I LOVE (love) soybeans/edamame but can never find them in our frozen veggie section :( Anywhere in particular you can find them?

I get them at Costco. (Canada) They are in the frozen section and come in individual servings. You just pop it in the microwave for 3 min and thy're done. These ones are in the pod though.

Good luck finding them!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    My favorite new food this week (Well not NEW but new to me!), is....

Garden of Eatin Baked Yellow Tortilla Chips.

Each serving has 300 mg of Omega-3's!! And you can have 19 chips for 120 cals, 2 g fat and 3 g fiber. I am eating them with Amy's fire roasted tomato salsa.

I just love an ingredient list like this:
    Organic yellow corn, organic brown flaxseed, organic soy grits, organic canola oil and/or organic safflower oil, and/or organic sunflower oil, sea salt.

They are tasty too!!!!

Oh! Jealous here...I love tortilla chips and haven't found a healthy alternative yet!
    My new food..... Emeralds Glazed Pecans - Pecan Pie. Not exactly healthy, but kill a sweet tooth.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Original Crunchy cereal. SO good.... :drinker:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Well, believe it or not, ASPARAGUS!!!! I would never try the stuff before! We made some on the grill on Sunday and now I want it EVERYDAY! :bigsmile:

I have also recenlty fell in love w/asparagus, i likemine roasted in the oven drizzled in EVOO with a splash of medeteranian sea salt mmmmmm *drool* the only problem is i am the only in my house who likes them, MORE FOR ME!!! :laugh:

Asparagus gets a bad wrap. I LOVE the stuff with a little bit of salt and corse black pepper, drizzled with EVOO and wrapped in turkey bacon. YUMMY!! And yep. I'm the only one in the house that will eat them - more for me too!!
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    1-Zesty chicken gumbo soup by Progresso- 220cals in the whole can- I love the flavor and it really fills me up for hours (4g fiber)
    2-Quacker's chocolate chip rice cakes 60 cals each ( I can afford to fit not one but 2 of them into my cal allowance). If I am really BAD- I eat 3 !!!(180 cals:blushing: )
    3- toasted multigrain english muffin with 1 tablespoon ALMOND crispy butter and 1 teaspoon strawberry sugarfree (Splenda) gelly
    :drinker:
  • debcakes
    Options
    I'm in love with the Mott's granny smith applesauce. I kick it up with a little cinnamon and a packet of Splenda. It reminds me of the dutch apple dessert I use to feed my baby girl years ago in the baby food jars.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    FYI: This thread is making me hungry. Think I'll turn off the computer and go to bed so I don't EAT!!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Oh yeah..I have TWO! :laugh:

The other is Walden Farms Sweet Onion salad dressing. ZERO calories...ZERO Fat...Zero everything except sodium. I triple love it!

:noway: I MUST FIND THIS! Any grocery store? And my new favorite thing is humus! I got the spicey black bean from kroger and its amazing with carrots and snap peas
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Lindt Excellence Chili Dark Chocolate.....my Mom bought it for me as a joke!!! But the chilli extract gave the chocolate a lil spice and made it sooooooooooo NICE haha maybe I like weird things haha....none the less something new I tried today that was YUMM:laugh:

Ah!!! This is my absolute favorite chocolate! A little piece will fend off my chocolate cravings. Darn, now I want some. Its hard to find...
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Fage Total 0% Greek style yogurt. The most creamy, wonderful yogurt out there!! (90 cals/ 0g fat/ 15g protein) Oikos Greek style is good too, but love the Fage! Wish it weren't so darned expensive!

If you're used to really sweet yogurt, you might not like it. Wonderful w/ fruit or a healthy cereal (another fav right now- Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola cereal).

Jess
  • carlotta
    carlotta Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    an apple sliced with Splenda and cinnamon and microwaved for until soft. Tastes just like apple pie. I'm in love! :heart:

does it really? i'll have to try that. if i was to take a whole apple (green) and slice it, how long in the microwave?
  • drgall
    Options

The other is Walden Farms Sweet Onion salad dressing. ZERO calories...ZERO Fat...Zero everything except sodium. I triple love it!

Where do you get Walden Farms dressing? It sounds really good. I'm all for anything with zero fat and zero calories!

Denise

weight.png
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

:noway: I MUST FIND THIS! Any grocery store? And my new favorite thing is humus! I got the spicey black bean from kroger and its amazing with carrots and snap peas

Most of the stores in California have some of their products (they are usually with the diet food rather than the salad dressing).

You can also get it at www.waldenfarms.com. Their shipping rates are rediculous, you need to order a specific number of items to make it worthwhile.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    fav new food is homemade chicken quesidillas.
    2 mission whole grain tortillas
    2-3 oz chopped chicken
    1/4 cup 2% ched cheese
    cooked onions and peppers
    hot sauce to taste

I cook mine up in a frying pan with a spray of olive oil, then flip it like a grilled cheese.

add to that my homemade pico de gallo and it is action packed with nutrients and oh sooooooooo YUMMY!

Think I will go make one!
  • carak2000
    Options
    This isn't that new to me, but it is one of my FAVs - Vitamuffin. 100 calories in each muffin. So many flavors - savory and sweet. They also have them in muffin tops (and apparently brownies and cakes now, though I haven't seen those in my grocery stores). I recommend sticking them in the oven for a few minutes, they are really tasty warm. Enjoy!
  • Without a shadow of a doubt- light cheesestrings.
    I always have them in my fridge & they make me happy. Seriously. :drinker:
  • clairegl
    Options
    an apple sliced with Splenda and cinnamon and microwaved for until soft. Tastes just like apple pie. I'm in love! :heart:

So what type of apple do you use for this little recipe?
  • punka274
    Options
    Paul Newmans Light Honey Mustard dressing, I love it on anything and everything. It is 70 calories for 2tbsp, but I have found that 1 tbsp does the trick most of the time.
    It is super yummy!

Thats one of my favorite dressings!!!!! I love the stuff! Have you tried any other Paul Newmans dressings? I wonder how the balsmic vingar one is?

I must try this upside down pineapple yogurt everybody is buzzing about!

My new food for this week is light laughing cow cheese! OMG,its delish! I put it on wheat crackers(although i have yet to find a REAL wheat cracker with no crap added to it) And at only 35 calories a wedge it so easy to love!
  • punka274
    Options
    Without a shadow of a doubt- light cheesestrings.
    I always have them in my fridge & they make me happy. Seriously. :drinker:

another one of my favorites! I like to eat them with mixed nuts or an apple!